Mahogany KLF-30's For Sale

redtop

Dudes, I think you are way TOO INTENSE here. I NEVER bad mouthed Klipsch products.

I said the KLF line is good, I like the RF-7 better is all I said. I'm tired of

all these nut bolt heads here putting me down for my choice of RF-7, get a life man.

redtop, I DID NOT HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH MY KLF-30!!!!!!!!!!!! It did great for

me at the time. You dudes need to chill out, get a donut and a cup of coffee, sit

down and calm yourself down man.

InFlux, you tried to word as if I said something was better than Khorn, NEVER SAID THAT.

Khorn works great for many. Khorns need the right room size, placement, and all that

other right room stuff and my house has none of those to get the rightness out of the Khorn,

and only that is why I got rid of mine DUDE! ONLY THAT! KLF-30's served me well, and now

YES, I am very pleased with the upgrade improvements in the RF-7 that work well for me.

With that said, guys - you have yourselves a nice life and CHILL OUT, you are WAY TOO

SENSITIVE here and jump to conclusions.

Dudes, STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES putting down my RF-7!!!!! These RF-7 are awesome and

you aint gonna change my mind putting them down, they are GREAT speakers!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Klipsch forum KlipsDude.

The RF-7 are a great speaker, have them too. I was worried about RF-7 vs. KLF-30 trying to decide when I first got mine. I picked the RF-7. I made a friend who has the KLF-30. I'm happy I went with the RF-7 when I compare them.

I get bashed in other forums but that is mostly all Klipsch speakers for people who are ignorant about them, or used wrong equipment. Just put bashers on ignor. Be happy with the RF-7's and anyone who disagrees with it, ignor. That's what I do.

Some folks react to new users kind of hostle if they don't like how you write and forget to say it in kinder words. They need to remember all Klipsch speakers are good. Just try and write polite, even if they put you down for the RF-7 or it just causes hostle people, I got this in another forum just for having a Klipsch speaker! Enjoy your new RF-7 speakers and enjoy learning and getting help here.

I hope people will remember to be kind, they were helpful to me when I was trying to decide on the RF-7 or KLF-30. Now I read every thing I see on the RF-7.

Good Luck and a warm welcome, I read regular here but still a newbie too, I don't post but thought I would welcome you in a better nicer way.

amphandle, thanks to the nicest Dude here, 2.gif

Dude, if you like to read about RF-7 I have somethin for you to read.

This german guy tweaked his RF-7 until both speakers weigh 158 pounds

Each, check it out, Ill send to email his website, he put big

thick silver wire in the Whole inside, changed the horn to some wooden

ceramic type, made a new crossover inside floor of the RF-7 with huge

caps, almost bigger than his hand, all with silver wire and solder. It's awesome lookin but I thinks he went way too far, he said it cost equiv. to $1200.00 US dollars

to do for each speaker. I like the huge heavy brass feet he has on those!

Also checkout the review section to read the review on the RF-7, gives

it a great review and then another review after all the tweaks and mods,

he say it puts it in a way whole xtreme new level that can't be beat.

Man, I would love to hear'em. Thanks Dude! 9.gif

Preference for speakers is a very individual thing. I did an A/B comparison of th KLF30 and the RF7 using the same source components,amplifier,and source material. At that time I could have afforded either and found the KLF30 more to my liking. That said I can easily understand why many folks would prefer the RF to the KLF. FWIW I found the KLF to be a little more dynamic than the RF with greater low end punch. The RF on the other hand acquitted itself handsomely in all of the areas mentioned above and arguably were a tad smoother. In the end the choice became rather like the millionaire who is asked by his driver whether he wishes to use the Indigo Blue or Coventry Cream Rolls to travel into town today.

The KLF30s I bought were in Mahogany and were visually stunning. The only speaker that could take their place were Klipschorns which I acquired a couple of years ago. I have never regretted the Khorns but I still sometimes find myself wondering when listening to certain pieces what they would sound like on the KLFs.

In any event the fact that another member prefers another speaker should not be taken as a comment on the size of your member!11.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I sold them to a forum member for $900. It is not uncommon for Mahogany 30's to sell on Ebay for a couple of hundred more than that ($1,100). I've seen several pairs (after I sold mine) go for around that figure.

Hope that helps and good luck with your shopping.