Crossover Gurus,

3dzapper

Rick,

If you are going to cross it over that low, (4 khz.) do it with a pretty steep curve. The K-77 can take very little power below 3.5 khz. I think that less than a watt may unravel a K-77 voice coil at around 3 khz. I could determine exactly what those frequency vs. power limits are more precisely, but voice coils are a bit too expensive to want to experiment more.

Bob

I seems that the mad tweaker has struck again!14.gif I was me!11.gif When I hooked up the L-pads I had the wrong negative configuration on the tweets.15.gif What a dummy!6.gif

I now have highs again. Whew!!9.gif

I also have S-W-E-E-T mids.1.gif The new drivers in my Heresys are Universal ID30s on K-700 damped horns. My Klipschorns have Universal SA-H squaker drivers on damped K-400 horns. The stridency of the Atlas K-55Vs is gone without the sticky sweet muffled Altec muck. I'm sorry that is the only way I can describe Altecs having heard them with Khorns, LaScalas and Heresys.

That is the reason I rushed in with L-pads for the Khorns and Heresys. The ID-30s can be run flat with the K-77ss -2DBs on the Heresys. The SA-Hs on Khorns are -2db from 4 and x on ALK networks. I'll change the setting to 4 and 1 the next chance I get to drop the level with the autoformer and take the L-pad out of the squaker circuit.

I now have enough Universal drivers for a 7.1 system when I get that far. I didn't want to spill the beans previously and drive the prices up until I had enough.2.gif

Dummy