Which is the top-of-the-line Yamaha receiver?

Kain

Yes the RX-V1 is there top of the line. However,

the 3000 is there newest unit and has a lot of features not found in the Rx-V1. I just got a 3000 and chose it over the RX-V1. Why:

1. Cost

2. Features

3. When listening to both I just did not hear that big a diff. in sound to justify the extra cash.

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

The RX-V1 list's for $2,600 while the 3000 is $1,600. I got mine for $1,300. The 3000 has 8 channel stereo and two Sub woofer line out's

and better binding post's that the rx-v1 does not. there are also a couple of more features i can not think of right now.

I actually called Yamaha wondering the same thing. If the RX-V1 is there top why not these features. They told me it was because when the RX-V1 was made that these features had not been designed yet and where just now put in the 3000

because it was just designed. I would suspect Yamahas upgrade to the V1 will have these.

Now, the V1 has a few things as well that the 3000 does not. Bigger amp 110 instead of 100 and Burr

Brown Dacs on all 8 channels instead of the front 3. I guess it all comes down to features that you want. I loved the 8 channel and two sub output

so I went with the 3000. Plus the diff. in sound to me was not that diff. But that is just me?!?

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

I just purchased a RX-V3000 but after going through three of them with audio dropout problems I finally upgraded to the RX-V1. It works perfectly. Feature wise the only thing that you lose going to the V1 is two optical outs vs one, all channel stereo mode and assignable digital inputs. The binding posts are the same as far as I can tell with the exception that the ones on the V1 are gold plated. The V1 has many-many features that the 3000 does not including L,R,& Mono subwoofer outputs, Cinema EQ, a Free Pronto remote (RAV-2000), built in RF demodulator for LD's, major copper shielding, more inputs, more power, lower distortion, more DSP modes, superior DSP processing, burr-brown dac's for all 10 channels (including one for each of the L & R subwoofer outs), 100 MHZ bandwidth component video switching (vs. 30 MHZ for V3000), a better FM tuner, etc.

I would have been happy with the V3000 if I could have gotten one that was glitch free. The dropout problem I having was with my Sony DVP-9000ES DVD player on dolby digital material. About every two hours or so the receiver would drop the audio for a split second. I tried another 9000ES and still had the same problem so the issue was with the V3000s. Also, my older receiver that I upgraded from was a RX-V2095 and it was perfect with the 9000ES as is the RX-V1.

Bob