Oh my... One of these showed up at work:

kenratboy

I don't know what on earth we are going to do with it, but this big, bad boy showed up last night:

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1902&LastPage=Amplifiers

mpa2250_sign_bkrnd.jpg

The box is MASSIVE. We have not cracked it open (we really don't know what to do with it!!!) but my oh my... This thing looks impressive as *blank* Might try them out on some Vienna Acoustic Beethoven's, but still, this thing is a BEAST!

Anyone know about this thing?

----------------

On 2/19/2005 11:22:47 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

hmmmm I had no idea Monster made power amps. It's a big bad boy. Would be interesting to hear how it sounds.

what to do with it? Play it with some inefficient speakers, I'd think. Let it show some muscle.

Kenratboy, where do you work?
----------------

Yeah, the Vienna's are not only 6 ohms, but want a LOT of power.

Check you PM/e-mail in just a few minuites.

Are you sure that's what you got at work, and not an AVS-2000 Voltage Regulator? I've never known Best Buy to sell $2500 Amps.

...Of course I've never known them to sell $1500 Voltage Regulators either. The two items look exactly alike though. Then there are the Power conditioners, which also look exactly the same, but shorter.

Guest Anonymous

richard marsh designed those amps that monster makes, and the reviews that i ahve read said they were pretty lame! i personalyl have never used one though, so i would not kow, but if its anything else like they make i sure wouldn't want anythig to do with it

----------------

On 2/20/2005 3:08:34 PM Gramas701 wrote:

richard marsh designed those amps that monster makes, and the reviews that i ahve read said they were pretty lame! i personalyl have never used one though, so i would not kow, but if its anything else like they make i sure wouldn't want anythig to do with it
----------------

I'd be interested in reading those reviews. I can't find anything (positive or negative) about them anywhere. I've been told by people who own/use them that they are excellent.

And why is the fact that Richard Marsh "designed" them a bad thing???

----------------

On 2/20/2005 3:08:34 PM Gramas701 wrote:

----------------

I think the little guy (nothing little about it!!!) is probably about $1000 overpriced, but I am sure it is a good piece of gear. If I was spending $2500 on a 2-channel amp, would I buy it? Never. But that does not mean it is still 'good'

I am still not happy with Monster, but I am still interested to see what this bad boy can do. On the Vienna's, this would give ~500 watts a channel 6.gif

When I first saw it I thought it was their new top of the line power conditioner. Ken are you sure its not? For a $1000 bucks, I bet it conditions lines better than anything else on the market; perhaps its a combo amp and power conditioner. If its truly an amp it should come hard-wired with their cables.

----------------

On 2/21/2005 2:06:09 AM jacksonbart wrote:

When I first saw it I thought it was their new top of the line power conditioner. Ken are you sure its not? For a $1000 bucks, I bet it conditions lines better than anything else on the market; perhaps its a combo amp and power conditioner. If its truly an amp it should come hard-wired with their cables.
----------------

First, I love your avitar - probably one of the best shows ever. Father Ted, also 9.gif

Anyway, you can click on the link I so generously provided (I'm giving you a hard time, because I can) and read the specs.

Yes, it is a massive 2-channel power amp.

I do not believe it is a combo conditioner - as that would undermine sales of their conditioners.

It comes with a upper-end Monster power cable in the box.

The Office is great, never seen Father Ted, but will now definitely look it up. Used to manage people before jumping to IT, so who interaction was brilliant would just cringe at the thought. Did you see the commercial for the American /NBC version? Looks lame but I actually kind of like the lead actor, same guy as the weather man in Anchorman.

For a $1000 they better include cables.

2.gif

Sorry for $2499 they should include cables and an attractive sales lady. My mistake. When did they introduce this? Assume recently since BB got it, seems very expensive, always wonder for companys that jump in to a new area that they don't outsource and if so, who actually made and what other companies already market it?