MC-30's with Conrad Johnson Pre

fgarib

Hey there,

I'm getting a pair of (apparently) nice MC-30's with new tubes and spares (don't know the tubes) paired with a Conrad Johnson pre (don't know the model number yet). Apparently, it's all in good condition, and the tubes are new.

Couple questions: Will the Mac gear and CJ pre make a good combo? And 2, if it's all in good condition, is it a decent price at about $2,300?

Quite excited about finding some tube gear in Pakistan... going to go see it... just need some info from you guys first!!!

HELP!

-F

Fauzi, With the going prices on MC-30s worldwide and no worries about shipping and the international scams which have been running about, the CJ could be considered a gift.

If the Macs aren't all beat up and you can afford them, I would say buy them, you won't loose anything. And, MC-30s are beautiful examples of the audio arts in black and chrome you can proudly display.3.gif

Rick

Don't forget to listen to them, too! Do you have a digital camera, and the opportunity to take pictures (lots, including under-chassis, and tubes) and post them here before committing to the purchase? If you are unfamiliar with tube gear in general, and Mc and CJ in particular, it might be worthwhile, offering you a little more confidence. That's what I would do (but I'm pretty cautious1.gif ). Good luck!

If in any kind of condition, MC-30's are running $1500 and up per pair. Glad I already have mine - they are getting more expensive by the day. I see units sold for parts - all rusty and such - for $400 per mono amp. I better get working on this too, as I have ideas for purchasing a pair as lifetime backups/parts archive.

If that keeps up, Mc just might need to put these back into production9.gif I keep bugging Ron C over at AudioKarma about reissuing the MC-30, and he keeps ignoring me9.gif