Alright, I did it!

saxxman

...but, boy was this tough! If you caught my last posting, I said that I had a $3,000 budget for HT sound. Well, that didn't hold up too well! I live in the Vail Valley and shot down to Denver on Sunday....Just to sound check (YEA RIGHT!!!) Well, that night, when I arrived home ($4,300 lighter) I had the pleasure of setting up;

4 RB-75's

1 RW-12

1 RC-35

...along with some nice steel stands and a great audio rack.

...and I upgraded my original thoughts of Denon to a;

Rotel RSX-1056

I am still breaking in the system,(100 hours @ volume between 40 and 60) after being instructed by the receiver salesperson. I have to say that I had probably the best two audio salespeople I could have hoped for. Now, I can't wait for Friday night to really check this system out! So far I am VERY happy! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks to the forum for having a lot of very helpful information available!

Steve

----------------

On 3/2/2005 9:08:06 PM saxxman wrote:

...but, boy was this tough! If you caught my last posting, I said that I had a $3,000 budget for HT sound. Well, that didn't hold up too well! I live in the Vail Valley and shot down to Denver on Sunday....Just to sound check (YEA RIGHT!!!) Well, that night, when I arrived home ($4,300 lighter) I had the pleasure of setting up;

4 RB-75's

1 RW-12

1 RC-35

...along with some nice steel stands and a great audio rack.

...and I upgraded my original thoughts of Denon to a;

Rotel RSX-1056

----------------

Nice! I bet that sounds awesome!

And you live in Vail Valley! I was just out that way for a week just this past month for some serious skiing (Brekenridge, A-Basin, Vail, and Keystone)! Nice area (and a nice setup you got now).

Saxxman,

one humble suggestion if I may be so bold. If I were you I'd swap places with your left front and sub so that both fronts are equi-distant from your tv and balances out your L+R's better. Doesn't really matter to your sub that much and it'll help your front sound stage a bit. Experiment and see!

Looks like a fun setup ...16.gif

Very nice setup saxxman. I was thinking about getting a pair of rb-75s for surround duty. It looks like the audio rack is from the Sanus natural series. How do you like the rack. Is it sturdily built? I'm looking for a nice rack for my components. Thanks.

bchild311

Thanks, but it may look off balance in the pic, but the fronts are equal distance from the TV. I actually have them measured and within an inch or two.

dr.bear

I think the rack is pretty sturdy and I still have one space left for an HTPC (that stuff is such a pain in the a** and still no awesome way to record HD) OR an HD PVR OR a seperate amp. The amp idea seems to be overkill for me in the space I have, but WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE MAY BRING????

Thanks guys!

Saxxman, wow what a nice looking setup. Congrats on the new toys. I have yet to be able to demo the 75's, I bet they sound great. That system should bring new life to watching movies at home.

Klipsch/Rotel a tough combination to beat.