Alison Krauss

dblue

I saw Alison Krauss at the Fox THeater here in St. Louis on Tuesday...my god, that woman's voice is amazing. It was a great show...and I'm not usually a fan of Country music...I wouldn't even put this in the same category as the stuff that's mostly popular right now.

----------------

On 3/3/2005 1:08:30 PM dblue wrote:

I saw Alison Krauss at the Fox THeater here in St. Louis on Tuesday...my god, that woman's voice is amazing. It was a great show...and I'm not usually a fan of Country music...I wouldn't even put this in the same category as the stuff that's mostly popular right now. ----------------

I'm right there with you. I'm no fan of Bluegrass but that girl's voice just knocks me out. She did a pop album a few years back. Did a cover of "Baby, now that I've found you". I want to marry her every time I hear it!

Yeah - my wife & I saw her this past February. Simply an awesome concert. We've been a fan of Alison and bluegrass for a number of years. You'll find several more here that appreciate that kinda music.

And the rest of her band ain't no slouch either. As good as her voice is, her band takes her to another level.

Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Tom

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:30:53 PM rick88 wrote:

I am a huge fan of hers! If you enjoyed the show you must pick up the DVD Alison Krauss & Union Station Live. It has state of the art picture and sound quality! Enjoy.

----------------

I have this on SACD. It's amazing.

I've been listening to her for well over ten years and she's hotter now than back then, in more ways than one. If I were a single man..... From what I understand she was plagued with migraine headaches for many, many years but has got it under control. I've got about 5 of her CD's. I don't care for much country but she and Union Station have what it takes. Has any of you seen her on CMT's live shows, well taped but you know what I mean, she's a singer but not much of a talker.

Grateful11

----------------

On 3/3/2005 11:37:01 PM Grateful11 wrote:

I've been listening to her for well over ten years and she's hotter now than back then, in more ways than one. If I were a single man..... From what I understand she was plagued with migraine headaches for many, many years but has got it under control. I've got about 5 of her CD's. I don't care for much country but she and Union Station have what it takes. Has any of you seen her on CMT's live shows, well taped but you know what I mean, she's a singer but not much of a talker.

Grateful11

----------------

That's interesting about the migrane's. Never heard that. And yeah - she was a bit, uh, shall we say, "plump" in her early days.

As for her "talking", I kinda liked her interludes while giving the band time to tune and tune and tune and tune....2.gif

Seriously though, I found her dry sense of humor enjoyable.

Tom

Glad to hear the report about the concert. We are seeing her in Little Rock next week. It will be my second AKUS concert in two years. She really has developed a pop styling in the last couple of records. She's the only "countrry" artist I like.

Can't wait! Thanks for getting us all excited about seeing her and the band again. (FWIW-- I like her little on-stage commentary -- she's just so darn cute!)

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 3/3/2005 2:09:38 PM scott0527 wrote:

----------------

On 3/3/2005 1:08:30 PM dblue wrote:

I saw Alison Krauss at the Fox THeater here in St. Louis on Tuesday...my god, that woman's voice is amazing. It was a great show...and I'm not usually a fan of Country music...I wouldn't even put this in the same category as the stuff that's mostly popular right now. ----------------

I'm right there with you. I'm no fan of Bluegrass but that girl's voice just knocks me out. She did a pop album a few years back. Did a cover of "Baby, now that I've found you". I want to marry her every time I hear it!

----------------

You can find that song on Alison Krauss - Now That I've Found You: A Collection (Rounder CD 0325). It's a graet listen start to finish.

• 2 weeks later...