Rejoining the fray, and hello to M Deneen

TheEvan

Hello folks. Former sometimes forum participant here. I've got 77 Khorns. I'll be the first to admit I play my classical guitar more than my stereo.

I say hi to Mr. Deneen because I was a Paragon E owner, and wish I still was. It was teamed with a Marantz 8b and they made such beautiful music together. Sigh. When the aging Paragon developed some problems I traded away the pair. Big mistake.

So, I've been motoring along with a 70's Luxman integrated until a channel crapped out the other day. Now i'm jonesing to get back to the glories of tube. Blueberry is so tempting, but I'm unsure if I can meet the tariff.

Ben here on the forum has both a Paragon and a Blueberry. He has said that the difference is positive and palpable.

The Blueberry is my first tubed stand alone pre-amp.There is no reason to aspire for more IMHO. Perfection on the first try, I'll quit while I'm ahead. 3.gif2.gif

Rick

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:52:19 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

77, WOW, where do you store them all- must be like a warehouse!

Michael- sorry, feeling a bit silly- welcome back!

----------------

Hmmm, 77. I guess at least one is being used in a 3 channel setup 1.gif

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:50:05 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Ben here on the forum has both a Paragon and a Blueberry. He has said that the difference is positive and palpable.

The Blueberry is my first tubed stand alone pre-amp.There is no reason to aspire for more IMHO. Perfection on the first try, I'll quit while I'm ahead.
3.gif2.gif

Rick

----------------

Rick, you're thinking of Clipped & Shorn, but that was his assessment.

I just have the Paragon.