can you build a ht piece by piece?

Kaiser

i'm looking into buying a 5.1 series soon. at first i was thinking rb35, yet now, i'm thinking 7 series. if i were to buy my system slowly, could i start with 2 RF 7's and a nice amp, then get the center channel, surrounds and subwoofer down the road? for receivers, btw, i'm looking at the denon 2805/3805

What you're suggesting is exactly what I suggest to people even considering buying it all at once. In the long run you are saving yourself a lot of money by purchasing a very nice set of mains.

A pair of RF-7's with the 3805 is indeed a very nice setup. Down the road, you'll probably want to purchase a center channel, then some surrounds, and then a subwoofer (well that's the order I would go anyway). Some like to get a subwoofer early on, but your RF-7's will be digging down to 30Hz with no problem.

----------------

On 3/10/2005 4:42:17 PM DrWho wrote:

What you're suggesting is exactly what I suggest to people even considering buying it all at once. In the long run you are saving yourself a lot of money by purchasing a very nice set of mains.

A pair of RF-7's with the 3805 is indeed a very nice setup. Down the road, you'll probably want to purchase a center channel, then some surrounds, and then a subwoofer (well that's the order I would go anyway). Some like to get a subwoofer early on, but your RF-7's will be digging down to 30Hz with no problem.

----------------

buying the mains and then adding slowly is definitely the way to go....

although i personally would buy a sub after i get the mains.... the RF-7's are only rated down to 32 hz +/- 3db... so they are down at least 3db at 32 hz...

running your mains with your receiver/processor set to phantom center will give you a very good front soundstage, but you will be missing a great deal of your LFE (low frequency effects) channel without a sub....

additionally, a sub can add that bottom octave to your music listening as well.... i run a sub with my KLF-30's even in two channel listening and it adds a nice low end....

1.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2005 4:51:25 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 3/10/2005 4:42:17 PM DrWho wrote:

----------------

buying the mains and then adding slowly is definitely the way to go....

although i personally would buy a sub after i get the mains.... the RF-7's are only rated down to 32 hz +/- 3db... so they are down at least 3db at 32 hz...

running your mains with your receiver/processor set to phantom center will give you a very good front soundstage, but you will be missing a great deal of your LFE (low frequency effects) channel without a sub....

additionally, a sub can add that bottom octave to your music listening as well.... i run a sub with my KLF-30's even in two channel listening and it adds a nice low end....

1.gif

----------------

Ah you're one of them!!!

*pulls out crosses and garlic and silver bullets*

I've never heard a real good sub so perhaps I don't know what I'm missing out on. (though my 940's did dig down to 20Hz) 2.gif12.gif