Kathy, ARE you BI-WIRING your RF-7's???

zman

Hi, Thank You! Yes I am. Looks like another thing I forgot to mention!

I'm using the Monster Cable 10ft. ZSeries Z2 Biwire cables,

it's part of the deal that I got with the RF-7's from The Good Guys store.

I don't know just how much a difference the cables really make because I

have not tested it to compare it with regular wire cable, so I'm clueless

if it's really worth it or not. They look nice though!

You can read more about them at the Good Guys and Monster site here:

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=33

http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=577375&catky=

getimage.asp?table=inv&field=image1&keyn

Kathy... Now that you spent an enormous amount on speaker wire, would you be willing to go buy some 75cent a foot 12 gage speaker wire and try that?

I biwired mine with 12 gage and 10 gage.

I really would be interested in hearing what you think. There have been many heated debates on this issue but MANY believe that what you just spent money on is.... well... not worth the money. Many people go to the local home depot and get their speaker wire there. I have a Home Theater setup DVD, they tell you in that video to just go to a local hardware store and get wire there.

I bought my RF7s at good guys as well, they tried and tried to talk me into spending loads of money on wire. Said that the 7s would never sound as good as they could if I didn't spend 200.00 these particular cables. I refused and have never looked back.

But, if you get this inexpensive stuff, it sounds just as good, wouldn't you like to take those expensive wires back and save a little money? Just my 2 bits.

I use the same cables as Kathy. The only advantage of the Monster Z2 bi-wires IMO is their appearance. The Z2 is about 11 awg and is twisted to help cancel interference.

I have used plain 12 awg wire and there is no audible differece that I can detect. So why use the Z2 bi-wires on the front three? All appearance, they look better than home made. Also, the seller gave me a whopping 20% discount. Ouch, that was my wallet getting the whopping!

Bill

Thanks m00n, For letting me know! I might stop by HomeDepot on the way home from work and pick some cable wire up and try that. If I can't hear any difference, I think I'll take them back. I ask the sales guy if they really do make a difference at the time and he said about a 10% to 12% at most, so I was skeptical about it. One guy on the forum told me that it gave him just a little bit fuller bass output and that was about it for him, so I'll have to try and hear if I hear any difference. After you mentioned that, I searched around on the internet and was reading a lot of people not being able to hear a difference, seems more than people who thought they did hear a difference. Sounds like it's going to be a hard listen to try and hear a difference! Hmmm!

Guess another something for me to take on! 6.gif

Kathy, when you try the Home Depot cable, get enough to bi-wire. If Home Depot sounds as good or better, please don't assume you are done!!! But do take the ones you got back! A lady of your caliber and intensity is not one to assume Home Depot is it. I'm getting ready to make DIY CAT 5 after trying a few other bi-wires. It's your room/acustics, and your ears. Only you can decide as you have recently done with your RF-7's. Home Depot may be it but it may not be FOR YOU!!!