I am FINALLY a Proud Klipsch Owner!!

lemonman

After 2.5 years of posting and lurking on the boards, I finally broke down and bought a set of Klipsch speakers - the SB-1, open box from Best Buy. I brought them home and set them up, and they sound great! I'm surprised at how good they sound - rich warm, not bright or harsh as I was expecting! They are also very efficient (no surprise there though). I have them playing jazz and they are just awesome! They are replacing some NHT Sb2's which are supposed to be highly regarded speakers but I just don't like them at all. The klipsch kick their butts! If the cheap SB1 sounds this good I can't imagine how good the Reference bookshelves and towers are 9.gif

Anyway kudos to y'all for having an awesome forum here...this is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it. I'm glad I just wish more people knew about Klipsch and didn't put them down as 'harsh'.

P.S. - is it worth upgrading to the klipsch SB2??? 3.gif

Oh and does anyone want a slightly used nht sb2 pair?? 5.gif

The common criticism of Klipsch is that they are bright and/or harsh. These bromides are quite common and are repeated by folks that have never bothered to actually listen to Klipsch speakers.

The truth frequently comes as a major surprise. Enjoy your new speakers.

Bill

Hello Lemonman, Enjoy! I joined the forum because I wanted a tube amp and decided to read here as to what to buy. I bought some KG4's and am now hooked.My Cornwalls came on Friday and I STILL think I need more.

Hard to beleive you lasted 2 1/2 years lurking!! To Me every one is very helpful here. Again, Enjoy!! Larry