The Speakers Are Coming And I Need Help Getting Wired

Wolf

I have two RB-35's and a RC-35 ordered that should arrive around the end of this week. I'm running them off a Pioneer 1014 receiver. I've been looking at some oxygen free super duper copper wire that is available in either 14 gauge at.60 a foot, or 12 gauge for .75 a foot. My left front speaker is going to need maybe 3 feet of cable and the right front maybe 8 feet. The center will need about 4 feet. Is there any point in getting this stuff or will the bazillion feet of 16 gauge cheapo stuff I have do fine? The super stuff LOOKS much better! Any problem with using the different lengths I mention?

I WANT MY SPEAKERS! HURRY UP KLIPSCH!

And then I can start working on surounds and a sub...

Wolf

14 ga. in that short of a run is PLENTY. Most receiver owners manual recommend equal length wires for opposing speakers. Why' I don't know as I doubt you could hear a difference in different length cables. That being said, I made mine the same length. Home Depot's wire is cheap enough to throw an extra foot here or there.

if you need to coil up excess cable because you made the speaker cables the same length - then DON'T DO IT...

a coiled speaker cable can act as an antenna for RF and EMI interference

and you will not be able to hear ANY difference with one cable a few feet (or 20 feet) longer than the other one

1.gif