Mission Thrift Store Audio Purchase

fletcherkane

So...my wife and I were invited to a "Hawaiian" Themed party last nite. Wifey says I must wear a Hawaiian shirt. I don't own one, so off I go to the local Mission Thrift in search of some gaudy thing to wear to this party, and In the back door comes this guy hauling a van full of audio gear. I didn't know what it was, but I just hung out for a little while, and after the guy left, I went up to the lady working in the receiving area and asked her how much she wanted for all the gear that guy brought in.

30 dollars she says if you take all of it. I tell her its a deal, and take it all home sight unseen.

Included in my find...

A Technics Q200 SL Turntable...not audiophile quality, but better than any turntable I've ever owned.

A pair of Technics 2840's. A 3way, front bass ported floorstanding speaker. Not Klipsch by any stretch, but they are listed at 94db effiecient...not shabby for anything non-Klipsch... They crank pretty good...I actually found them brighter in sound quality than my Forte's...

A Technics Dual Cassette deck that looks like its never been played.

Technics dual 7 band eq

Technics AM/FM Tuner

Pioneer Elite DVD Player!

And lastly, and this is my best find,

Also from Technics, a 350 watt, Class A, Stereo Integrated Amp. This baby really kicks. Hooked it up to my Forte's, and the sound was clean and punchy. The amp has a "ultra bass" switch that boosts the sound at 80hz +6db. What a blast. The amp is now doing two channel duty with my forte's.

I am planning on keeping the amp, the turntable, and the DVD...it's replacing a entry level JVC...and pawning the rest on ebay.

Sure am glad my wife made me buy a shirt...9.gif

Happy easter to me!