Banana Plugs too big for 1014?

Cheerdude

This is probably going to be a dumb question...

I got my cable order from Blue Jeans Cable today and am in the process of hooking everything up. However, when I tried to plug my speaker cable into my Pioneer 1014, it appeared that the banana plugs are a bit too big for the binding post hole.

Does that make sense? Do banana plugs have "different sizes"... or is it just that it will be a tight fit, which means I need to push a little bit to get it in?

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - NEVER MIND 2.gif Didn't realize that the collars needed to be loose before putting the plug in. Geez... of all of the stupid things 4.gif

Did you order the newer type from Blue Jean? The have 2 set screws to hold the stripped wire in place? If so look at the "barrel" that surrounds the plug that is directly behind the part that actually plugs into the red/black thingie (real technical I know). As you tighten/loosen that barrel it pushes on a pin that in turn make the plug get bigger or smaller. Turn the barrel counter clockwise and the plug will shrink in size. Stick it in your amp/speaker and tighten it up. I had the same problem with I got the plugs from blue jean, I was used to plugs that were more spring loaded. I actually think this is a pretty slick little plug once you figure it out.

Good Luck

Yep - that's the one.

To add insult to injury, I realized that I had gotten every cable that I needed... except for the center speaker! D'OH! It's on its way (hopefully to arrive in Saturday's mail). Comcast to arrive tomorrow morning for CableCard. The only cable that I may need now is a Digital Audio one to go from the TV to the Receiver - but I don't think that that will be "necessary" at this moment.