Klipschorn Update?

edwinr

With all the talk about updating the Heritage range shortly, including revisions of the La Scala and the Heresy, and maybe (despite tongue in cheek denials by Amy and others) a reintroduction of the Cornwall, is anything proposed for the Klipschorn?

Has there been any discussion about modifying the Klipschorn so that it may be more room friendly? As we know the Klipschorn is designed to fit into corners along the long wall in any particular room. They will fit into shorter corners, but then the mid and treble horns will fire into a sweet spot inconveniently located in many smaller listening rooms.

It would be nice if the Klipschorn had some facility where we could adjust the angle of the mid/treble section, maybe a wood subsection within the 'top hat' so the look of the Klipschorn remains. This may make the Klipschorn more user friendly and we could adjust the sweet spot for different rooms.

P.S. I'm sure this topic has been done to death before.

I think it would be great idea if the 'top box' on the Khorn was capable of rotating (left/right) to accomodate a 'sweeter spot' in a smaller room. May need some tweaking to allow for the mid horn lens, but with Al's new trachorn it is a possibility! Thoughts?

I think there is some space in the upper cabinet to rotate the horn a few degrees. Since this would require re-mounting, one could design a wedge, remount the edge of the horn which will be close to the front more towards the center of the cabinet, and rotate the driver. This would turn the horn without modifying the looks. This is speculation however. I haven't made drawings or even measured.

----------------

On 4/4/2005 1:19:35 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 4/4/2005 12:38:17 AM scriven wrote:

I thought it was such a nice idea I did it!

----------------

LOL! I like it! Not even Klipsch could do better than that!
2.gif

----------------

My father was a carpenter. On a good day I might be classified a wood butcher. Damn near anybody could do it better! (But it does work.)