cheap cheap

dtel

• Moderators

my daughter is 25 and in school. She wanted to add a little more sound to her bedroom tv 32" and told me she wanted to buy a htib from walleyworld. She wad only going to spend $300 or $400 so i asked her to let me look around first, she has a tv and dvd player already . So last night i started looking on the puter for 5 cheap speakers and reciver. For the reciver $175-$200 you can do ok, for the speakers it's another story. I did run across a company in Canada Fluance.com, $200 for 5 speakers . Five speakers for that price, they seem to be ok , can't be any worse than the little plastic speakers in any htib i looked at. Has anyone heard of these or the company. Any ideas ,would rather not buy anything off ebay. Thanks again.

I recently heard the JVC wood cone driver two-channel system at Sound Advice/Tweeter for just a few minutes. I was surprised that the sales staff was making a bigger deal out of it. The speakers are charming sounding, well built and look great. They are longer and more solid than they look in photos and seem to do a good job in the mid-bass. The receiver looks and runs cool, doesnt sound harsh even at the loudest volume in a large room. Plus, the unit has some very valuable inputs and outputs for the digital age. It includes stereo and video RCA (3) inputs, along with a subwoofer output. Speaker binding posts are audiophile size; large for boom box standards - spade connectors will fit on them.

I do not know how this amp compares to the Teac or Sonic Impact digital amps making all the fuss on the BBS, but for less than $500, I think it is a very good choice for a starting two-channel A/V system with obvious quality construction, looks and above average sound.

10.gif

• Moderators

Thanks Colin i never seen that i will check it out . A helpfull answer in 3 min ,that and people know what they are talking about. What more could you ask for from a forum and members.