Theater accessorizing

Northshore

I have recently completed my theater project and I have chronicled some of the process on this forum. Now of course, I have moved into the "I must have theater level stuff" mode. In addition to the Klipsch logo sign and Dolby Digital sign, I have acquired a solid stainless "reel" table for the theater. I got very lucky and found this one on Ebay for a fraction of what the Home Theater store guys have valued the item at. I guess my question for the day is do I go crazy with the memorabilia items or keep the theater tastefully simple? How about you fellow theater enthusiast, what direction have you folks gone?

A photogragh of my latest find is attached.

post-16808-13819264271984_thumb.jpg

I keep all the extra stuff in my lobby, not that I have alot, but that is where the THX/klipsch/DD/DTS signs are and some other movie related stuff, oh and I do have more signs and a poster in my stair well, but the only things in my theater are seats and a screen and some klipsch speakers and an exit sign. Well the rack of equipment is there, but its in the back corner with the back side of the rack poking through the wall back there.

Nice table. Got a shot from the top?

Not my HT but I have seen one where a guy bought several 12-18 inch dolls, figurines, whatever you call them of 1950s movie monsters. Creature from the Black Lagoon is way cool. Frankenstein, Mummy, Dracula all in his HT. He has them mounted on tasteful shelves at different heights around the room along with some movie posters. He also has 3 of the Young Frankenstein people on one shelf. They look great. The boxes are as cool as the item itself. Just did a search. Looks like they are called sideshow collectables. Here is a bride of FS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=348&item=5970201649&rd=1

----------------

On 4/23/2005 4:29:11 AM Amdek wrote:

I keep all the extra stuff in my lobby.....

----------------

Hey, would this be adjacent to the ticket booth or consession stand(ok, now "cafe"), around the corner from the mezzanine elevator, past the two sets of riveted leather double-doors and just left of the southern-most fire exit, next to security, where the ladies room used to be? 2.gif9.gif

I think your HT should be exactly that - YOUR home theater. If your tastes are simple, elegant; then you'd probably be happier with a decor similar in nature. If you're into memorabilia and you have some cool stuff - display it. However, I personally think you can go overboard and end up with a hodge-podge of stuff that looks like you didn't give any thought to what you were doing. A tastefully done "theme" room can be every bit as elegant as one of those elaborate rooms you see that cost $$$$$$$ IMHO.

And from what I've seen of your room, you have nice taste. I'd trust your own judgement.

Tom

----------------

On 4/24/2005 3:55:49 PM Tom Adams wrote:

And from what I've seen of your room, you have nice taste. I'd trust your own judgement.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I have a tendency as most do to be my own worst critic. With the exception of the above mentioned items, I am going to keep it simple and remain the purist that I strive to be.

I think every theater needs this.... LOL Out in the lobby!

http://www.brandsonsale.com/cg-003691.html?OVRAW=buck%20talking%20deer&OVKEY=buck%20talking%20deer&OVMTC=standard

I can just imagine people after a few drinks, and not noticing it is fake, then as it comes alive!

Kinda like the "Country Bear Jamboree" at Disney!