uBid troubles and a KLF-20 question

Ephemeris

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for quite a while. This site has been a great source of info. My thanks to all of you!

My HT uses a KLF-C7 center, four KLF-20s for front (R/L) and surrounds (R/L), and two RS-3s in back. I wanted to experiment with using another pair of KLF-20s in back instead of the RS-3s (this is as much for decorating as sound reasonscwm12.gif )

Two weeks ago I saw uBid had medium oak KLF-20s up for bid. I bid $309 each and won the auction. A week goes by and it's still "in process". I send an e-mail about it and they e-mail me back saying they didn't actually have the speakers! cwm23.gif

To add insult to injury, in the intervening week, another lot of KLF-20s came and went on uBid (I don't recall the finish) and this time there was a "reserve price". And interestingly, the reserve price was greater than the $309 I "successfullly" bid.

::sigh::

Ah well, the system sounds great as is, and I get to keep the money. Meanwhile if you have a lead on a pair of medium oak KLF-20s drop me a line cwm30.gif

This message has been edited by Ephemeris on 08-30-2001 at 04:46 PM

eph, sorry 'bout that ubid experience. if they come up w/ those 20s in same finish again, go after 'em. that ain't right.

so which receiver u have? denon by chance?

anyway, recommended by most authorities is to use wdst like your rs-3 for the side surrounds & direct like the 20s for rear surrounds/effects. so unless u want another pair of 20s for like a surround B for like music only, then u should already be set.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect/Monster MCX-2 biwire & Z cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Monster HTS1000 PowerCenter

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX-1 Biwire

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

Thanks for the sympathy and the lead to onecall.com (interesting site). BobG found me an authorized dealer who had one set left in the boxes who's willing to help me out. Thanks Bob! (That's what I call real customer service.) So, long story short, after a lot of trials and tribulations, I'm on my way to being a happy camper with six KLF-20s and KLF-C7 cwm12.gif

And yes Boa12, I'm driving it all with a Denon-3801. How'd you know???

eph, congrats that should sound sweet. i'd put those rs-3 in on the sides as surround A & 20s as surround B.

you could do A+B or use the rs-3 just for HT & the sur B 20s on the music modes like 7 channel stereo.

lucky guess on denon but they are one of the few w/ all in one capability to power 9 speaks/6.1 or 7.1 channels. they've got it figured out.

i'm lookin at their new 4802.

eph,

ubid has done that to me a few times, sell me something and then tell me after a "thorough" search of the warehouse there aren't any available, then end up listing more of the exact same thing a few days later. Be sure to call them and cancel your order. I have had an order show up after they told me they couldn't ship it.

Good luck!

------------------

Ed W