The SET Debate (again)

edwinr

"It's one of the first-lesson strategies: When losing an argument, change the subject."

I didn't know you argued, just trolled and looked for reaction. And when you get a reasoned reaction you often choose to ignore it.

Besides, amplifier selection is preference and individual taste, just like pizza. You can talk about it but you can't argue it.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well, I brought it up, and I wasn't arguing anything.

I've seen this thread a hundred times already. It's just like a pizza topping preference, no one is right or wrong. It's called Personal Taste.

I was just trying to make the discussion light-hearted, if that's possible at all, instead of shutting it down once again.

----------------

On 5/2/2005 4:01:15 PM seti wrote:

Push Pull Vs. SET Debate On Jerry Springer!

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/js.jpg">

It's sad when it becomes more fun to discuss

ead pizza toppings on this forum than amp topologies
15.gif

Someone nextday me some chicago pizza and i'll fedex you some backwoods arkansas bbq ?

----------------

Setl:

I'm in Rochester, NY can do NY Pizza or Buffalo Chicken Wings.

If either of those interest you, we have a done deal.

Tom & Silversport the same goes.

FOOD TRADE!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy: Another guy who doesn't like SET but, in the interest of being PC, defends it.

The discussion has never been about whether someone has a right to his own likes and dislikes; both the informed and the uninformed may choose what they will. The issue that began the thread was simply an expression of amazement that SET fans seem oblivious to the limitations of the sound they hear, limitations that are painfully obvious to others. That's all, very simple really.

----------------

On 5/2/2005 4:03:28 PM Parrot wrote:

It's one of the first-lesson strategies: When losing an argument, change the subject.

----------------

Paul:

You KNOW that I was never in the debate.

And the typical response when the debate dies is to try to re heat it with emotion.

Speaking of re-heating, does anyone add a few drops of water when microwaving to warm up left over Pizza?

Amy,

You're taking your moderator job to be one of keeping the peace. But the forum's purpose is to discuss matching of amps and speakers. Naturally some people are going to get defensive about it, while the more hysterical school-marm types would rather claim that all amps are equal and ask, "Can't we just have a big group hug?"

I've never been one for cold pizza.

Setl email if interested.

I like the new commercial Trump is doing about the Cheesebururger pizza. Doesn't interest me.

He seems to be doing well on Television - not that he needs the money.

• Moderators

----------------

On 5/2/2005 4:33:09 PM Parrot wrote:

Amy,

You're taking your moderator job to be one of keeping the peace. But the forum's purpose is to discuss matching of amps and speakers. Naturally some people are going to get defensive about it, while the more hysterical school-marm types would rather claim that all amps are equal and ask, "Can't we just have a big group hug?"
----------------

Not keeping the peace, just keeping it from getting so personal and angry. There's no point to it. It's called PREVENTION.

And you did it just then by calling many of our members "hysterical school-marm types."

That is completely rude and unecessary, and it proves you're just looking for a fight. I don't want it on the forum.

----------------

On 5/2/2005 4:39:29 PM Amy Unger wrote:

That is completely rude and unecessary, and it proves you're just looking for a fight. I don't want it on the forum.

----------------

Too bad you missed the weekend posts.

• Moderators

I didn't miss them, Parrot, they are still there.

That's why I said I was trying to lighten up the thread before I shut it down.

Since it hasn't worked, and you're now arguing with me, I'll go ahead and do that. I don't have time for it.