Finishing Options for Cornwall Risers

paul cbc

I have recently acquired some risers for my Cornwalls.

Forum member Joesporter was kind enough to make me some out of solid oak.(Thanks Joe!) He did a nice job as they are straight and sturdy.

I would like to match them as closely as I can to my 71 Cornwalls-Oiled Walnut finish. I would like to do this with staining-not up for a veneer job. I have tried rubbing some samples of Watco Danish oil that I have on the insides-Natural, Golden Oak, and went to the paint store and rubbed Medium Walnut, Dark Walnut, Black Walnut. I also tried some Boiled Linseed Oil that I have on them. I think the dark walnut is closest, although it gets a bit dark picking up the grains in the oak. I would rather err on the side of them being lighter than the speaker cabinets, rather than darker. Medium oak-or just go with the Boiled Linseed Oil?

I know there are a number of members skilled at woodworking and refinishing Klipsch speakers. I'd appreciate input; major do's and dont's. I'd like to do this right the first time.10.gif

My thanks in advance,

paul

I'll update my own thread here. 9.gif

Have decided to go with the Medium Walnut Danish Oil. Seems to be the closest to the Corns finish without being too dark. I'll try and take some pics as i go along and post if they seem to have value.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 6:39:22 PM paul cbc wrote:

After.

I'd rather not screw these into the cabinets. Any thoughts from folks on how to keep them from sliding around?

My thanks,

paul
2.gif

----------------

screw em in, thats how they came from the factory

i have a picture over on ebay #5765550965 doesn't show the teak to much. i also have 72 verticals in mahogany, and 74 verticals in walnut. if you ever need to change your grill cloth on your verticals let me know i have removable vertical grill boards made for them out of masonite.