Need More Power

"The Northridge series is in direct competition with the Cerwin Vega speakers"

Actually the new Cerwin-Vegas with the mid horns and tweets are serious speakers and getting some good reports, especially when with a couple of simple crossover tweaks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

additionally - the JBL's have a sensitivity of only 91 db SPL - 1 watt of power at 1 meter compared to the 102 db SPL of the RF-7's....

you will need about 4 times the power to get the same levels using the E100's compared to the RF-7's

It's worse than that! 91 dB vs 102 dB... A difference of 11 dB means 12.6 times more power needed for the JBL!

How much do La Scalas cost and where do they sell it?

another question... Do the Klipsch rf-7's compare to the JBL Northridge E100 by any chance? The Northridge E100 looks much bigger

The La Scala can only be purchased new at a Klipsch dealer who sells the Heritage line. They cost double your budget new. Most people who want them get them used on ebay, audiogon or from someone selling a pair through this forum.

Please stop your "size" fixation. There's more to a speaker than that. The crossover in a new La Scala probably costs as much as an entire JBL Northridge E100, for example. And as others have said, these speakers are not in the same league. You can get the JBL E100 for $269.88 each at www.etronics.com, but don't put them in the same league as Klipscvh RF-7 or La Scala.

----------------

On 5/5/2005 10:44:18 AM TBrennan wrote:

"The Northridge series is in direct competition with the Cerwin Vega speakers"

Actually the new Cerwin-Vegas with the mid horns and tweets are serious speakers and getting some good reports, especially when with a couple of simple crossover tweaks.

----------------

That is true you wise one. But, they still are not in the same league as the RF-7. Not by a long shot. Comparing a Northridge to an RF-7 made me spew coffee all over my monitor. I even had to dry off my keyboard. On a positive note. I have a set of LS-15 Cerwin Vega speakers I'll sell for $400/pr. They are like new!

Seriously, it seems like the "low end" speakers keep getting better and better using all the trickle down technology. None of the Northridge/Cerwin Vega and JBL low end stuff actually sound bad. For the money, it all sounds pretty good. KLH is still pure junk IMHO at Best Buy....