Khorns and Wright 2a3 combo. First impressions!

Ok I'll do my best as I know what I like but sometimrs it's hard to describe, without sounding to cliche.... you know " the blacks were blacker" and such. My normal conrad johnson pre is out of comission right now so I pulled out a yahmaha. I used and old Onkyo cd player I have. Regular monster connects and monster wire speaker cable. Nothing fancy. Warmed everything up a bit then put on a favorite cd featuring Diana Krall. I know this cd in and out. Well my cornwalls always gave great imaging wich I still have but the stage is BIGGER and WIDER now! On one of the tracks the guitarist seems like he's stepped up a foot of two from where he was with the Corwalls. The plucking of the stand up bass also seems like at times I can hear the strings buzzing on neck more than before. Granted the Wright amps are also new to the mix that I did not have with the Cornwalls but so far I'm definatly enjoying the combo. Also keeping in mind the front end cd player and pre are not the greatest either. I did not want to disturb my main cd untill I heard the amps and speakers first. Over time I'll ad a piece at a time and see what happens. Oh well enough rambling.10.gif

Hi scotto525 I was using the WPA3.5 Mono Block 2A3 single-ended power amplifiers. The Khorns were in corners 20 ft apart where the cornwall used to be about 14 ft apart ,and around 2ft from the front wall and just slightly toed in mabye 10 degrees or so.With the Cornwalls I used to set around 30 inches from the rear wall and now Ive found that Ive moved up to around 48 inches from the rear wall with the Khorns.

IMO Krall's recordings are very revealing and detailed, which brought out the very best in your Klipschorns and 2A3 monoblocks, even with midiocre but decent wiring and source components. Enjoy!