"Blue book" value? Need advice

Hey you all. Need some advice.

I had a person email me wondering if I was still interested in her KG4.5 speakers, but I was wondering what the value of them were.

I also emailed a different person with the same speakers that quoted me a price for $450 for hers. I later saw where she had them on ebay at a "buy it now" price of $375. Hmmmm....odd. Needless to say, I didn't return her email. Her auction is still pending, so that may change (she's listed them as "mint"). Both pairs of speakers have the black finish if that means anything.

To give you all a little info, I bought my two used pair of KG5.5 for about $350/pr. That includes the $100 for shipping costs. I also saw three auctions on KG5.5 and if you average those prices at the end of the auctions, it would have been about $480/pr - shipping (so + about $107).

What would you all think a fair price for the KG4.5 would be? I was thinking maybe $300-$350. Anyone think differently? I appreciate any advice or suggestions you have. Thanks.1.gif

yes,

From what I have seen on Eb**, the going price has been around 300- 350.00. Do the same kind of price search on Completed KG 4.5'S and see what pops up!...............the gals asking price is to high. Plus if the Auction is still going on,she isn't "supposed" to do that........LOL.

6.gif

yea thats odd don't get scamed ,is said person trying to do a double scam ,a front running second chance offer at a reduced price?, i got email the other day,on some HWO i had bid on, some forte's, about a week before, an them boom email,from who knows who ,so you pop up when you have bid recently, check it out all the way around

As mentioned, you can always do a search of the completed auctions for that item and see what the final price was. From that you will have a real range of actual prices, and not simply emotional speculation or conjecture.

And before everyone is so quick to label that person a scammer, if he emailed her and then she later listed them for less, perhaps she did so because no one would pay her previous asking price! While I have no idea what she is doing, I don't think we have enough information for jump to a conclusion!

But since when does that stop us here!2.gif9.gif

I don't think she's scaming. She did have those speakers listed with a KV-2 center, but don't remember what the price for the 3 speakers were. At that time was when she quoted me the $450 price.

She has relisted them separarely now or did. The auction ended last night, but no one bidded on them. She had them as a buy it now for $375.

Her feedback looked good, so I don't think she is scaming. I think she's just haveing a hard time selling them.

I also have another email from an ebayer that had a complete system. Since his reserve wasn't met, I think he (or she) is going to piece it out.

I appreciate the help you all. Thanks a lot.1.gif

Be sure you use the email link provided by Ebay to communicate, and not just respond to an email that shows up in your inbox.

You need to be very careful. Fraud is rife in the online world.

good luck!

Woo

Good news. The guy who had the complete system (KG4.5, KG2.5, SW10, and a Sony receiver) has decided to piece it out. His reserve was never met, so he did contact me by email.

He offered me the system for $550. That's a steal I thought, but I don't really need the receiver or sub (but might check back with him on the sub though), so I took the KG4.5s and the KG2.5s for $400. Should be closer to $500 after shipping. I figured I can use the KG2.5s in the living room with my older Denon receiver as a second system.

The guy had some great feedback and I did get a chance to chat with him on the phone when he offered me his number. I thought that was pretty cool on his part. He seemed like a very nice person and I got a good vibe from talking to him and reading his feedback on Ebay. Hope his speakers are in great condition like he says.

Wish me luck.1.gif

I just had to chime in and say I love your avatar. The Fragile album. I am also a big Yes fan and have seen them any time they come throught town. Probably 6 or 7 times in the last 15 years. Relayer and Close to the Edge are some of my favorite albums. Very cool indeed!!