Top Gun Special Edition

ygmn

yeah ...I know it is old....1986...

$8 at Circuit city...good price..

But this DVD is 2 disk set...and DTS 6.1!

WOW....the sound is incredible....

during the bar scene...you hear faint conversations all around you...felt like I was standing in the bar with them

During the graduation scene...I could hear faint voices towards my right...thought it was the neighbors outside...so I muted it...Noise went away...unmute...and yeah...I could hear their conversation....made ya feel like you were standing there at the graduation...very cool

the subwoofer gets a real work out when the jets are flying....and the jet engine noise goes all around when they fly across the screen...

This DVD is a real good test of your HT...the sub, the surrounds, the center speaker, the mains....All of it...

Well worth it...makes the version they show on TBS once a year a joke for quality of broadcast TV...

I bought this from Columbia House for a little less than $8 but I haven't opened it yet. I guess I should take it out of the package and watch it sometime! I don't have a 6.1 setup yet but me and the wife have discussed it a little... that's at least a good sign!

D

I've got this one and I noticed the improvement in the sound almost immediately! Despite the movie's age, this DVD makes the movie worth another look....or two, ......or three! 2.gif

Yeah, and check out the guitarist's hair in the "Top Gun Anthem" Video on the first disk... 6.gif

Talk about "hair" bands - they couldn't do a close up without a wide angle lens - the hair would be out of frame!

This version of the movie is a drastic improvement.