Can anyone reccomend an amp for rb-5s?????

sirelio

If you have a volume control on your CD player and do not play any other media, or if you can use the pre-amp outs on your reciever, I would seriously consider low cost tube amps:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0801/coolaudio.htm

These little puppies should make your system stand up and sing!

or for the money, add a sub ...

------------------

big old horns, tube amps, tube pre-amp, British CD player, two subs, double wire, pipe insulation, paving stones, rubber mats & curtains

Definitely irreverent; we sometimes take this obsessive compulsive hobby to serious.

I am on my 3rd copy(1 analog and 2 digital) of "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull cause the vinyl was worn out and the first digital sounded like a garage band with a bad PA.

I like a magazine with a sense of humor.

I am really disappointed TAS and Stereohile NEVER review Klipsch. Too old fashioned for those periodicals.

Being irreverent with a friendly smile makes for a good day.

Great cheap amd at $200!? WTF

Damn,I mean come on $200! Frown.gif

Ok I will try to help,take a serious look at eBay or in audio shops around where you live.Second hand is the ONLY way to get quality sound at this price.Serious

All the little Onkyo,Denon,Sony,Yamaha and Pioneer amps and integrateds are sub par.None has the bass grip or smoothness to match well with Klipsch speakers.

Unless you like edgy sound with "bass" (read upper bass thump).

The RB-5's deserve much more then pee-wee harsh amps.

I have a pair so I know,its not a "let me guess" game.The RB-5's sound like a tonn of bricks with beer amps like the mass market jokes.

When you have a good amp the RB-5 is a superb speaker and will please just about anybody.

Again take a look on Ebay or visit the local stereo shops.

You can spend a few dollars and end up with good sound,just spend them with care.

TheEAR(s) Now theears