sw-12 amplifier problem

i bought an sw-12 and the sub works fine as long as the amplifier is removed from the cabinet. when you place the amplifier back into the cabinet it cuts out intermittently. i cant really afford a new amp and im looking for a solution or if anyones had these problems.

Yes, anytime you move something and it works/doesn't work, it is usually a broken wire internally in the wire that you will never see, or a bad solder joint etc. If you can't easily fix it, return it! The dealer has a return policy with Klipsch and it will be taken care of, go get a new one so you can enjoy.

Hopefully, you have not scratched it up.......

thank you for the info....ive now determined a few more things...one its a sw-12 II, two if you tap the large capacitors on the circut board it goes into protection mode, three i cant return because i bought it used and was just looking for someone that may of had a similar problem and knows an easy solution besides sending it back and spending 400.00 for a new amp

Do the capacitors mount to a pc board? The solder connections on the capacitors may not be good. They can look good sometimes even when they are not.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can reflow the solder on the connections and then try it out. You should first make sure the capacitors are discharged. Uuse a fairly large value resistor and a couple of clip leads and connect to ground, to drain them. Or find someone you trust who can do this for you. A friend of mine just got a 100 wpc solid state amp for free. The solder connection on the fuse holder was bad. It only took about ten minutes to disassemble the amp to find the problem and to fix it (okay, so he paid me to fix it. Repaired his guitar amp too).

Marvel