Fun Weekend!

Hello Klipsch Posters:

Sometime back I noted of my find of a pair of KHorns in Rosewood.

I was given them by a person I overheard at a hardware store saying he had two over size loudspeakers he wanted removed from his home just purchased.

So, I and three Lock Haven University lads moved them to my abode.

They are in storage in a safe place as my listening studio for now just isn't right for them to bloom.

I also have a pair of Heresy II's that I would like to trade for a pair of Forte I's and I will sweeten the deal with cash.

So far no one is interested. So, being handy at woodworking I built bases for them that bring the high horn to just above my sweet spot.

Findings: The II's soundstage has literally opened up and the sound is literally unbelieveably precise. What a difference!

No matter what I play through them the sound is fantastic.

I have two different tube pre and power arrangements. One is audioresearch and the other is Philly.

The sound is like honey on a sweet roll. Simply stunning.

I had literally thought my hearing was starting down the path of loosing it until I lifted those two PWK gems off of the floor and into the spotlight.

Tubes and PWK loudspeakers are #1 in my way of thinking and listening.

I have a Velodyne ULD 15/2 subwoofer for the 16hz pedal notes of the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ and Aeolian-Skinner Pipe Organ.

Vocal and Jazz clear and precise!

So, hope everyone is having a Fun Weekend! I certainly am!

Best,

Craig

Hereseys are certainly underapreciated.

I had a long time Klipsch sales man ell me the same thing in the past year.

He said a 10-14 inch pedestal worked well depending on room and corner placement.

Glad it worked without selling them off!!!

Craig, glad your weekend is heading off to a great start with your "new" sounding Heresy IIs raised to ear level.

I too, would be in audio heaven if I could only relocate my entire system from my tiny room to my large livingroom so I could resurrect my Cornwalls where they can breath properly! There's nothin' in the world that sounds better than a WurliTzer's 8' Brass Saxophone blarring into your music room in all its glory through Klipsch horn speakers properly setup in a room that can accompany them to near realistic levels, along with a 16' Diaphone to fill out the low end! The only better sound is to actually have the WurliTzer right there in your own room, like the several WurliTzers and a Marr & Colton residence organ I have heard and played. Now that's musical nirvana!16.gif

Speaking of brass sonics, how's the progress going on your Klipschorn's brass squawkers? Inquiring minds want to know...4.gif

The Brass squakers are finished and I had only one opportunity to try them and it was awesome.

The squakers are in storage with the KHorns. The sound was extremely smooth and refined. Not harsh as some on this forum had suggested.

I am being patient as health issues forced me to sell my new log home. I hope to be in a position to get going again by fall of this year or next year 2006.

Thank You for asking.

Best,

Craig

Craig, I'm so sorry to hear you had to sell your new log home. I know how excited you were to get moved in; what are you doing now for a dwelling? Like you said, hopefully you'll be settled in by year's end or beginning of '06. Damn if it's not one thing, it's something else...just hope that in the near future you can take your brass Klipschorns out of mothballs and set them up to where you can enjoy them on a daily basis.

Good luck to you, Craig.2.gif