My Klipsch Dealer is being Forced to Close.

Bill H.

Well, my local Klipsch dealer- who is the biggest seller of Heritage speakers in (I say a four state area), is after some thirty five years- closing his doors. The small shopping mall where he is located, got purchased. The New Land Lord- (Thompson Thrift) - wants to raise his rent more than 4 times!!!!!!

So Jay is selling what equipmemt he can, and then later he will move the rest of his inventory to a Wharehouse. Any Klipsch products he can't get Klipsch to take back- he said he'll sell on Ebay......................8.gif

This kind of progress, just really irks me..............Forcing a store to close- that has been a mainstay not only in the Mall, but also in the

community!

That's the prblem with a number of people today - no respect for tradition. Money, money , money.

We have a former subway tunnel that our dear mayor has over the last 8 years paid out of state companies $750,000 to study what to do with it.

Received many reccomaendations, transit being a target.

About 8 days ago the decision was made to spend $23 million dollars ( now the School District is in the red as is the City) to fill it with dirt.

At least the way it is now it affords some shelter to vagrants.

We also have a fast ferry to to Toronto that is costly enough and slow enough that it's better to go by car. But the first company abruptly ceased operations, leaving Canadians stranded here in Rochester and Americans stranded in Toronto. Buses wound up bring them home. But the company running the mess, gets all of the retail rent and pays the City $1.00 per year.

The mayor is ticked that the deals was found out.

So please wish your Klipsch Dealer the best and refuse to shop at any store that goes in there.

Bill, sorry to hear the demise of your local audio specialty store.

If possible, could you get him to post here before Ebay, there's probably lots of folks in the IN/IL area who might help relieve him of some inventory, especially any Heritage models.

Or perhaps he has a web site or could be contacted via email? Could you give us the name of the store, I might just take the truck for a little trip to Terre Haute.

Michael

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, but unfortunantly it's nothing new. Small business owners always seem to get the shaft after many years of being the main staple (in this case, Klipsch Heritage Series horns), all in the name of progress. It's nothin' but corporate greed, plain and simple, and nobody cares about the family-run mom 'n' pop stores that have provided our communities first with top-flight sales and service!

I've seen it here in my town with the opening of Guitar Center over two years ago...before GC opened its doors, there were several small time musical instrument retailers that provided decent pro equipment at attractive prices for many years. Since GC opened, now two of those family-run shops have closed their doors indefinately; they just couldn't compete with GC's growing 146 stores nationwide, each strategically located with their huge multi-million dollar inventory, proclaiming the nation's lowest prices guarranteed (they'll match and beat any price)!

It's all in the name of progress, and the customers are the winners in this case due to a much larger selection of gear through a huge dealer network. But it's still not right that the small business owners who've been in our communities for decades cannot compete against the large chain stores, thus forced to liquidate their inventory at giveaway prices and close their doors forever. And I guess nothing can be done about it, for it's all in the name of progress!7.gif

Thanks for the responses! I just had to vent!

Michael , sent you an email. Soon as I get an email address or ebay accout name I will post it!

I will let him know about the web site! Good Idea!

THE AUDIO CONNECTION

TOWNE SOUTH PLAZA

3684 SO. US HWY 41

TERRE HAUTE, IN 47802

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 812-232-1663

FAX: 812-232-2312

Hours: 11:00a. till 9:00p. Monday thru Saturday.

MAP IT!

Bill