Best dvd to test your home theater

Klipsch Fanatic

I bought a demo disk off eBay a few years ago... someone put all the THX, DTS & Dolby Digital intro's all on one disk along with clips from Star Wars, Raiders of the lost ark etc.. It's pretty cool to have them all on one disk, and I don't think it was over $20.00. Do a search and see what you come up with.

All the movies listed above are excellent choices, and my brothers and I have watched them all.

Our latest addition is "The Flight of The Pheonix"; as the airplane's flying through the sandstorm, destroying one of its engines, the plane spiralling in air as it's about to crash in the desert (the most intense subwoofer workout we've ever experienced...you can literally feel the air in the room "move"...if your sub's capable of going down to 16Hz at 115dB)!2.gif

Some that I like to use to show off are:

SPR (DTS)

The Patriot (the ambush in the woods...tremendous surround use)

Pearl Harbor (great surround use again)

Baraka

The Incredibles

and for music:

Diana Krall Live in Paris

----------------

On 6/6/2005 8:25:43 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Does a 'showoff' movie have to be bang-bang-shootemup? Does anyone have a movie selection that shows off a surround systems capability in a more subtle manner?

Michael

----------------

Yeah the movie signs. It has a very natural sound.

The best scene I have ever heard on my system (and I've heard most of the listings above) is the battle scene near the end of Saving Private Ryan (I know someone mentioned it previously, but I wanted to mention it again).

Everyone goes on about the opening scene (which is great), but the final battle where the tanks are rolling down the street is awesome. My whole living room shakes at the exact same frequency as the gravel rolling down the sides of the impact craters. Feels like your sitting in one of those craters. Awesome stuff!

-PB

Nick I watched Appleseed. Excellent! It was great the visuals/ sound/ story. Honestly when they were standing on the landing pad when it was raining. That was the most realistic rain i've ever heard in a movie to date. It was pouring in that scene. It was pouring just the other day here, and well it sounded just like that! I couldn't belive it that will make a great scene for showing off anyones surround system. Actually to many to mention it had great sound throughout. I also love it when their zooming around in those robotic suits. You got anymore anime recomendations like that you let me know. Especially CGI animation.