Lascalas lack bass??

Ive read quite a bit about the Cornwalls and Lascalas, and most people seem to agree that the Lascalas are lacking in the bass. Now when they say lacking in bass what exactly are they comparing them too. Are they lacking in bass compared a speaker with really good bass like the RF-7 or Paradigm Studio 100 or NHT 2.9's?? Are they lacking bass like a small floorstander lacks bass?? Personally I thought my RF-3's lacked bass, but many people say they have great bass?? Can someone explain what they are comparing the Lasala too when they say this? Hard to believe such a large speaker with a 15in bass driver would be lacking in the bass department?? Ive heard small speakers with 6in bass drivers that werent lacking in the bass(Totem Hawk, Forest).

I have now listened to LS's for a few days and I don't want anymore bass right now!!! 3.gif OTOH I have heard of people that have Khorns (yes, in perfect corners) with two subwoofers as well! They may be nuts, but I sure would like to be invited some time. I have a weakness for audiophile nutcases. To me, it's enough for now.

Depends on what you call lacking in the bass department. The Lascala has good bass down to approximately 45 hz, and rolls off quickly, compared to a sealed or ported design. A good subwoofer will definately help out, especially with music that has a lot of low frequency content.

I personally don't think that the Rf3II's that I have are particularly lacking in the bass department. However, they can also benefit from the use of a subwoofer, reducing the distortion at higher levels.