Picked up an interresting tuner today

fini

An Accuphase T-100. Man, this thing is BUILT! I haven't tried it out yet (I'll get to that in the AM). Anyone heard one? They're supposed to rival the best tuners...

Well, kill two birds with one proverbial stone; skip to the loo and have a seat for a while! Take a load off!

Actually, you could kill a third bird and do your part for world peace at the same time!

Fini,

The Accuphase T-100 is a great tuner. I have both a T-100 and the follow-up model, T-101. A few years ago they were both great buys on eBay, selling for 150-250. Now a T-100 in nice shape can get 500+ and a T-101 400+. I've owned a MD-108, Kenwood 600T, Sansui TU-719, a couple of Scotts and both a Sony 5000FW and 5130. The only tuner that's come close to the sound and reception of the Accuphase was the Sony 5000FW. The fmtunerinfo site can be a great source of info, but tuner performance can vary greatly from location to location, depends heavily on the antenna used and how your local stations are broadcasted.

Last thought, the only US service center for Accuphase is down here in Gardena. Accutech is owned by Mas, who was once employed by Accuphase in Japan. He and his son run a great shop (It's so freakin' clean, you can eat sashimi off the foor.). http://www.yamasinc.com/Accuphase%20Service.htm

Great score!

Chris

PS The T-100 is a surprisingly heavy bugger, isn't it?

Thanks for that link, Chris!

Seems if the Accuphase is that good, $500 is still a pretty good bargain (given the skyrocketing Mc prices). It'll be fun to play with this!

----------------

On 5/26/2005 8:48:48 AM fini wrote:

Thanks for that link, Chris!

Seems if the Accuphase is that good, $500 is still a pretty good bargain (given the skyrocketing Mc prices). It'll be fun to play with this!
----------------

Don't play too hard though. Remember your bad knees.

Hey, Chris!

My tuner has a broken front glass panel. I contacted Accutech, but replacements are unavailable. He suggested I contact a local glass shop. Trouble is, I am not sure how to get in there! Nothing seems obvious, and Accutech could not answer that question (beyond "I think you need to take the front panel off."). Have you been in there? Perhaps I will just start removing screws in a logical way. This thing has more of an industrial, rather than consumer, build.