God I love this picture (Klipsch THX system):

kenratboy

I was arguing with this idiot on the spot forums about the kw-120's

he seems to think his pb12-isd/2 is a better subwoofer than a pair of those things.

it drives me nuts! sure, the svs's are great, but why do they alter obvious common sense and perception?

Hi guys. I was noticing your comments about svs and the klipsch looking small. I own the klipsch and a svs pb12/plus/2. The klipsch are bigger than normal bookshelves but sound really big. I have a 110 inch screen and the center channel sounds like it is coming from the screen, not the speaker, big sound. For the subs, My sub is the same as the 2 klipsch subs in terms of output. There is no way the pb12/isd/2 would be as close. I am sure it is a great sub for the money though. My svs costs less than half of the klipsch subs, which makes the svs better overall. Having said that I would take the klipsch subs anyday, I just needed to save some money at the time. I like the forward firing of the klipsch so you can put in a wall where as the svs has rear ports. I was tinkering with my setup yesterday and the svs sub level was way up(which I did not know) and a scene came on and knocked plugs out of the wall socket. I went to take a shower and all the bottles were knocked on the ground. Now that is awesome and I have no doubt that the the klipsch can do the same. Here are the ratings on both subs: Klipsch dual subs: 30 HZ-130db 20 HZ 122 HZ 15 HZ 112 db

My SVS: 25 HZ 124db 20 HZ 120 DB 16 HZ 116 db

thanks for the insight James. I am leaning towards the pb12+/2 for my next big purchase. I would surely take the twin's over nearly everything but like you said, they are expensive. If you dont mind, id like to quote what you said to strengthen my debate on the other forum.

I hope you dont mind

;p

Which forum are you referring to? Maybe I can get involved. You can use anything you want, It doesn't matter to me. Like I said before, either sub is great, the point is that the svs is 1/3 of the price with very similar performance. I wonder if you can put in in a wall with the ports facing outward. I will have to ask the guys at SVS. Thanks

James