Most impressive home system I've ever seen

Richard S. Burwen wrote about his home system back in Audio Magazine back in 1976. I'd lost the article, and always wanted to find it. Stereophile has a link posted to it, from a story about the Burwen Bobcat Windows Media processor.

A brief excerpt... "In designing and adjusting the crossover network, I used one-third octave noise measurements based on a six microphone average of omni-directional microphones for low frequencies and an average of two cardiods located in from of the left-front and right-front horns for high frequencies. The microphones used for adjusting the crossover frequency response are the same ones used for making recordings here, so the entire system is flat. On one-third octave noise bands, it measured flat within 1 1/2 db from 15 HZ to 20 KHz. Nevertheless, I find that when reproducing much of the prerecorded program material availible I use from 3 to 30 db of low frequency boost"

I won't even try to describe it.

diagram.gif

controlroom.jpg

mainview.jpg

amps.jpg

Wow. Bookmarked. I'm not sure for what practical purpose, but still...

It's funny, I was going to make a wisearse comment to the effect of, "Could you imagine if he got some decent amplifiers..."

Apparently he did.

imperfect...... The Burwen system does sound great. His system is a ongoing project & will always get tweeking just as our simpler systems do. Just because it looks complex dont surmize its going to sound bad. Another system in Chicago as complex. Has to be one of the best audio systems ive ever heard. That system uses only master R&R tapes on a Studer 80 taperecorder.

I cannot get the links to open where there is adetailed description of the speakers or amps...just the stereophile article...can anyone help by posting some summary of what he has there in those speakers? thanks, tony