Identify this please.

GOPHER

I have inherited a WK system circa 1972. It is powered by solid-state Mcintosh. The sound is unbelivable. I haven't heard anything like it before. Please identify this center channel speaker. Is it a subwoofer, or regular speaker like the corner horns. The grille cloth came out strange in the photo, it is in perfect shape. The corners have original type AA crossover, and are a little dusty! Have a nice weekend- regards,

Gopher.

post-18044-13819266238614_thumb.jpg

That is a speaker which you would want badly to sell to me.2.gif

Naw, all joking aside, what you have is a vertical cornwall (Cornwall II). The vertical cornwalls are the most popular style of cornwalls. Yours' appear to be finished in the Oiled Walnut veneer. If you post can post the serial numbers we can positively identify their production year.

Out of curiosity, do you have the mate to that speaker, or is it a solo? A good conditioned pair will typically sell in the neighborhood of $700 to $1000.

If you ever consider selling them, please let me know. I love 3.gif the vertical cornwalls, and would love to add yours to my collection.

Nice system! It's a vertical Klipsch Cornwall. Very desireable and used very often as a center channel. The emblem on front that looks like "WK" is actually PWK, the initials of the founder, the man behind the legend, the legend himself, the one, the only Paul......Wilbur.......KLIPSCH!

You ask if I have the mate to the "Cornwall". No. I believe this setup was bought as a three-channel setup, with the Cornwall in the middle of the room between the corner horns. Although, the system is wired through an Altec Lansing two-channel equalizer covered in glass to prevent tampering. I am not sure how all three speakers are wired, and if this was a normal setup. Anyone have a three-channel stereo system?

----------------

On 5/29/2005 8:42:41 AM fini wrote:

Gilbert,

You know the forum rules: Do not mention the words "sausage" and "fell out" in the same reply to me.
Remember what happened last time?

----------------

Ooooh Crap! What I ment to say is, it looks like the sausage king is UP early this morning.