Walnut KHorns in PA - $2200

JBryan

Actually, $2200 or best offer is a good price for 1980's in great condition.

If you consider $2000 a bargain, then offer that. If they sell to someone else, then a mesly $200 stood between you and a wonderful pair of KHorns with sublime sound and they didn't deserve them anyway.

IF KHorns are the best, why wait for a super bargain to own a pair? Pay market price and get over it.

some of us cant afford to pay market price, we have to work like dogs just to make ends meet, maybe you should think before you tell others how to spend there dollars, i cant seem to figure where market value is on k horns one time they will sell for 1500 next time they go for 3500 go figure 10.gif Joe

I've yet to see 1980's WO in perfect shape go for $1500. It's fine to hunt in garage sales for the seller wwho doesn't know any better, but don't complain when people are asking for a perfectly fair price. ("That's not a bargain, no thanks!")

How much can you resonably expect to shave off that price? It is worth it to spend 3 more years waiting?

I've not been on the forum for that long but, I have never seen Klipschorns sell for $1500, unless they were broken or the seller was completely unaware of the item's value. I tried to consider the cost of a new pair when I bought mine, and once I listened to them I decided that $2400 was a bargain. As in all things financial, you gotta have the money to meet your desires. I wish the guy would have posted some pics.

you need to shop around a bit i think i have seen several pair of k horns sell for well under 2200, of course condition makes a differance in the final price, just as supply and demand make a differance, i didnt see dylani complaining i took it as him expressing his opinion on the value, you seem to be trying to sale the speakers awfully hard are they yours do you have a vested interest in them, why should it offend you that someone else thinks the price point is high10.gif Joe

Because of all places, people here should know the value of them.

Count yourselves lucky if there are enough KHorns on the market in your area to be that picky about price. Around here, availability is the limiting factor. Even if I wanted another pair, they are rarely available in my area. I had to drive an 18-hour round trip to get mine, and pay 15% extra at the border. So $2200 is less than I paid for and mine are okay but not mint.

I could probably put mine on the market and sell them for the price I paid without too much hassle; there is more demand than availability in these parts.

"because here of all places people should know the value"

value is relative to an individual's views, not everyone values things the same, on this forum i beleive peoples opinions are also a valued resource and should not be put up to ridacule by someone else that happens to place higher value on an item

and by the way i have seen no less than 2 threads by a fellow canadian of yours that bought a pair of k horns for 200.00, so they do show up in your aera for far less than you paid if you were willing to wait

lastly the 2200.00 khorns belong to a forum member and he offered them to me less than 2 weeks ago for a much better price so if anyone is interested i suggest making an offer i have also seen pics and they are an awsome set of speaks i was 200.00 short of affording them someone else here may be lucky enough to get these, the ouner is a nice guy and seems reasonable enough 10.gif Joe

Just catching up on this post. I sold a pair of beautiful teak Khorns 1974 (perfect) every way new drivers etc. for 1900.00 to a fellow forum member. I had a hard time getting that. So for me to see 2200.00 I say it's OK but nothing to post about. Go on audiogon anytime and you will see pairs in that price range.

I also tried to sell a pair of birch C models for 1500.00 here and could not get a bite. I would have got rid of them for 1200.00 but not a nibble. Go figure.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 3:48:09 PM smuttynose wrote:

I've not been on the forum for that long but, I have never seen Klipschorns sell for $1500, unless they were broken or the seller was completely unaware of the item's value. I tried to consider the cost of a new pair when I bought mine, and once I listened to them I decided that $2400 was a bargain. As in all things financial, you gotta have the money to meet your desires. I wish the guy would have posted some pics.

----------------

I wish you would have contacted me 8 months ago I would have let you have them for 1200.00. I take care of my peices very well. I think sometimes people see a cheap price and are scared off.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 6:57:08 PM colnago72 wrote:

Dylan1 you were not interested in them previously for less money . Mud Slinging is real becoming. Tighwad

----------------

What???

I will have you know I am always looking to buy Khorns and klipsch speakers. I just look for better bargains than that. Seeing that I live in PA and this is the 2nd pair I have seen in 3 years I do not get how I am slinging anything.

Did you mean Tightwad?? Interesting choice of terms seeing you do not know me. Now who is slinging??

----------------

On 6/6/2005 4:17:19 PM joessportster wrote:

you need to shop around a bit i think i have seen several pair of k horns sell for well under 2200, of course condition makes a differance in the final price, just as supply and demand make a differance, i didnt see dylani complaining i took it as him expressing his opinion on the value, you seem to be trying to sale the speakers awfully hard are they yours do you have a vested interest in them, why should it offend you that someone else thinks the price point is high
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Thanks, I was not complaining just giving my thoughts.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 5:25:16 PM joessportster wrote:

and by the way i have seen no less than 2 threads by a fellow canadian of yours that bought a pair of k horns for 200.00, so they do show up in your aera for far less than you paid if you were willing to wait

As I recall, those were in Alberta. Canada is a big place.

If you are willing to wait... Exactly my point. In these parts, you pay market price or you wait a long time. Ask Formica or Kudret. There is more demand than there is supply. So I'm willing to pay market price rather than wait years to get them.

Not that it makes any difference, but knowing what I know now I would have driven the extra distance 2 weeks ago to get perfect 1980's walnut KHorns for close to $2200. Such is life.

I don't think I was ridiculing anyone, but why bother posting "That's not a bargain"?

----------------

On 6/6/2005 8:37:45 PM psg wrote:

----------------

On 6/6/2005 5:25:16 PM joessportster wrote:

As I recall, those were in Alberta. Canada is a big place.

If you are willing to wait
... Exactly my point. In these parts, you pay market price or you wait a
long
time. Ask Formica or Kudret. There is more demand than there is supply. So I'm willing to pay market price rather than wait years to get them.

Not that it makes any difference, but knowing what I know now I would have driven the extra distance 2 weeks ago to get perfect 1980's walnut KHorns for close to $2200. Such is life.

I don't think I was ridiculing anyone, but why bother posting "That's not a bargain"?

----------------

I said "no great bargin" meaning an OK deal. You are reading way to much into my post. I sent that on the way out the door. I did not have the time to be verbose.

----------------

On 6/6/2005 4:17:19 PM joessportster wrote:

you need to shop around a bit i think i have seen several pair of k horns sell for well under 2200, of course condition makes a differance in the final price, just as supply and demand make a differance, i didnt see dylani complaining i took it as him expressing his opinion on the value, you seem to be trying to sale the speakers awfully hard are they yours do you have a vested interest in them, why should it offend you that someone else thinks the price point is high
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Spelling, capitalization, grammar and puctuation also make a difference. 2.gif

I said "no great bargin" meaning an OK deal. You are reading way to much into my post. I sent that on the way out the door. I did not have the time to be verbose.

Perhaps I was reading too much into it. I apologise. Let's keep this place friendly!

2.gif