Walnut KHorns in PA - $2200

JBryan

Fellas,

I was just passing along the ad in case someone in the area had an itch. The price is always going to be relative depending on the market. 15+ years ago, when I was in North Carolina, Khorns were rare as hensteeth but when they did show up in the paper, they'd usually be priced around $500 - sometimes less. A friend was moving to Germany and he offered a pair to me for $300. At the time, I was in college with other interests, no room and no money so I declined. After all, how would I get them home?! Last year, another friend found a pr of Rosewood Khorns with alnico drivers in fair condition for $600. They were in a pawn shop of all places (which is most likely how they got nicked and scratched) for $800 but he talked them down - over the phone!

$2200-2500 seems to be the fair market price for Khorns now but the others are right in that if you have the patience, you will find that killer deal. I imagine if you wait long enough, someone will just give 'em to you - it has happened.

Have fun -Bryan

----------------

On 6/7/2005 12:14:05 AM jheis wrote:

----------------

On 6/6/2005 4:17:19 PM joessportster wrote:

you need to shop around a bit i think i have seen several pair of k horns sell for well under 2200, of course condition makes a differance in the final price, just as supply and demand make a differance, i didnt see dylani complaining i took it as him expressing his opinion on the value, you seem to be trying to sale the speakers awfully hard are they yours do you have a vested interest in them, why should it offend you that someone else thinks the price point is high
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Spelling, capitalization, grammar and puctuation also make a difference.
2.gif

----------------

yes you are right if i were in grammer school it would make a differance, but since im on this forum discussing speakers and audio gear with mostly other like minded individuals i dont see where it is a problem i have a life and dont feel the need to impress morons who have nothing better to do than spell and grammer check something that they have nothing to do with. (heres a hint grow up and get a life, dont worry about mine)10.gif Joe

----------------

On 6/7/2005 3:40:05 PM joessportster wrote:

----------------

----------------

you need to shop around a bit i think i have seen several pair of k horns sell for well under 2200, of course condition makes a differance in the final price, just as supply and demand make a differance, i didnt see dylani complaining i took it as him expressing his opinion on the value, you seem to be trying to sale the speakers awfully hard are they yours do you have a vested interest in them, why should it offend you that someone else thinks the price point is high
10.gif
Joe

----------------

2.gif

----------------

yes you are right if i were in grammer school it would make a differance, but since im on this forum discussing speakers and audio gear with mostly other like minded individuals i dont see where it is a problem i have a life and dont feel the need to impress morons who have nothing better to do than spell and grammer check something that they have nothing to do with. (heres a hint grow up and get a life, dont worry about mine)
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Right. But those sure are long sentences!

----------------

On 6/7/2005 6:52:05 PM psg wrote:

----------------

On 6/7/2005 3:40:05 PM joessportster wrote:

----------------

----------------

10.gif
Joe

----------------

2.gif

----------------

yes you are right if i were in grammer school it would make a differance, but since im on this forum discussing speakers and audio gear with mostly other like minded individuals i dont see where it is a problem i have a life and dont feel the need to impress morons who have nothing better to do than spell and grammer check something that they have nothing to do with. (heres a hint grow up and get a life, dont worry about mine)
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Right. But those sure are
long
sentences!

----------------

i see you need to jump on the band wagon for grammer school, cant stick with the subject at hand, (your pompas attitude twords telling others how they should value an item as you do!) this just shows your level of ignorance as well as jehis. are these sentences to long for you also. since this seems to amuse you. may i suggest you go back and read all my threads that should take up the rest of your pittiful evening and you can have a good laugh over my grammer then your life will be complete and you can spare the rest of us your stupidity10.gif Joe

i see you need to jump on the band wagon for grammer school, cant stick with the subject at hand, (your pompas attitude twords telling others how they should value an item as you do!) this just shows your level of ignorance as well as jehis.

You would simply be easier to read if you put in a period once in a while. I tend to skip over messages that are too hard to read and understand.

I hadn't realised that my attitude was the subject of this thread. I made a point and actually apologised the next day.

your attitude wasnt supposed to be the center point of this thread anymore than my grammer. you chose to make them a point, as i chose to respond. i did see where you apolagized and that at least shows you have the ability to say your wrong. but i dont understand trying to lash out at others who dont agree with your points of view. pretty childish indeed10.gif Joe

----------------

On 6/7/2005 10:32:31 AM JBryan wrote:

15+ years ago, when I was in North Carolina, Khorns were rare as hensteeth but when they did show up in the paper, they'd usually be priced around $500 - sometimes less. A friend was moving to Germany and he offered a pair to me for $300. At the time, I was in college with other interests, no room and no money so I declined. After all, how would I get them home?! Last year, another friend found a pr of Rosewood Khorns with alnico drivers in fair condition for $600. They were in a pawn shop of all places (which is most likely how they got nicked and scratched) for $800 but he talked them down - over the phone!

----------------

Wow! Now those were some great prices!

your attitude wasnt supposed to be the center point of this thread anymore than my grammer. you chose to make them a point, as i chose to respond.

Actually, you decided to make a big case out of it.

i did see where you apolagized and that at least shows you have the ability to say your wrong. but i dont understand trying to lash out at others who dont agree with your points of view. pretty childish indeed
10.gif
Joe

So now I'm childish for apologising?

I think it's clear to anyone reading the thread who did the most lashing out between the two of us. At least I apologised for my part in it.

7.gif

I'm not taking sides here but I have been looking at Khorns myself and it seems that in general there is a pattern to the pricing.

There are the "mint" or "close to mint" ones, and then everything else. The mint or close to mint are going to cost you. I don't think $2200 is unfair for mint walnut, 1980.

Now if those were only 7 out of 10s, you could probably get them for around 1300 - 1500, maybe less. Certainly, the condition and vintage is what brings the price up. But I never saw a beat up pair of a great vintage such as late 70s, go for a lot of $$.

You just have to be prepared to spend a little to get into the club. To quabble over $200 for what you would be getting....well I don't know about that. 16.gif

Hi guys and gals . I started this discourse and would like to update . The Khorns in question are sold to a member . Same price that I offered several of the members posting . Now my worthless opinion . Sorry if I offend anyone but here goes . I've owned Klipsch's since 74 many models and cabinets . Some facts are constant . Birch plywood speakers are at the bottom of the price range . No wife would allow a hugh pair of shipping crates in a living room mindset at work . The commercial , "ugly black" ones fall into the aforementioned catagory . Then you have the Zebra Wood , Rose Wood , etc , exotic wood variety . Again unless the living room has the same wood type of furniture , "which is very unlikely " , these speakers fall into the next step up the $ scale . Finally Walnut , Oak and Mahogany furniture dominates the American interior . Wives , "can get used to those things" , mindset at work here . Hence in my humble opinion comparing values of disimilar cabinets is a mute point . At the end of the day we all cozy up with our systems , what ever they're worth is to others . Rock on amigos......