k-33-e

kbear

whats the E stand for and whydoesnt the new 15" k-33 woofers have the E on them? their for my lascalas, and why are the magnets round, the oldspeakers have square magnets and are much heavier, it must be the nwer technology. or did i get wrong woofers?the la scalas where bought in the late 70s. can anyone help? PS.....I may be a newbie to this site, but have been jamming my klipsch lascalas since the 70s and have been hooked ever since.. i paid 500 each brand new. i did want the horns but they were to heavy to lug around, i wish now that i would have bought a pair of those as well, at the time they were 1,000 each....oh what a deal that was... i guess ill start saving up for them now............ive reconed the woofers once and now im just buying the new k-33-e outright from klipsch. ill be waiting for a response if there any thanks...........

Thanks djk, never heard that explanation before, just a manufacturing process then? Guess the round gave the max magnetic density around where it was needed, so why have the extra material a square required?

you know much that is hidden.

Michael