Got me some Heresy 's

DJB

Snagged me some Klipsch Heresy 1's today in HBR finish, Type E-2 crossovers very pristine and in original condition. No mods. No alterations. Bone stock and cherry!9.gif

SN 160Y400 What year were these made? 82?

And paid 300.00 I think I did ok for my first REAL speakers?

Looks like the Bose goes into mothballs and the Heresy go on the Marantz till I find my Cornwalls9.gif

Oh and he is holding on to 1 pair of Klipsch KG 5.2 in very good cond(For my HT)and 1 pair of Klipsch Tangent 500 speakers, black ash finish. European version, in GREAT condition! both sets for 400.009.gif

Had to share as my wife could care less LOL2.gif

So how did I do? good score?

Doug

I got mine in nearly the same finish, price and condition in late December...you will LOVE them but they will make you buy more stuff9.gif ...I now have another set of Heresys (WO) an Academy and K'Horns (BR)...I couldn't be happier and I am always amazed at the great sound of Heresys.

Cheers and enjoy!

Bill

DJB,

Your Heresys are 1983, manufactured near the time that my '83 Heresys (157Y015/016) were made.

You noticed that they have the E2 crossovers and they probably have the K-52-H drivers. These are very smooth drivers and do not have the 9KHz problem that some of the K-55V drivers have. They also likely have the square K-77-M tweeters.

You did well, and they should sound outstanding! Congratulations.

Congrats indeed 1.gif ! Heresys are excellent speakers and deserve a caring home. That means I have found it quite interesting to try different placements: on the floor (without risers), on stands (upright) and (my preference) on stands but sideways (i.e. tweeter facing inward). I was really surprised by how much the tonal characteristic of the speakers changes due to placement. Obviously this is very room dependent but I'd certainly experiment 9.gif .

Wolfram

Sounds like a sweet deal! These guys are right about buying Klipsch speakers as an addiction. I auditioned my first pair about 3-4 weeks ago and I am now 2 Heresy pairs, 1 Cornwall pair, and 1 Industrial Heresy richer. This is just too much fun.