AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE

i thought the seller was a bit of a wack job, with the red surrounds and the 1100.00 price he was looking for on heresy's just a tad above the average retail and he calls them excellent cosmetics but i can see where they have brad nails on the front along the top, and they look as though they havent been wiped down in a decade or so10.gif Joe

What you see are theater black Heresys from the early seventies. The red surrounds are original. The cabinet is fir plywood. Surrounds of Heresys woofers from the mid sixties to the early seventies were red, doped fabric, as was typical of many manufacturers of that time period before other materials became popular. The buy it now price is ridiculous. I wonder what the reserve price is.

From the serial number looks like these were manufactured in 1974.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:04 PM PDT - My Question to the seller: "Since $1,100.00 would set a new world record, will you set a realistic buy-it-now price for these?"

Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:28 PM PDT - His Reply: "yes, sorry about that! I will set the price to $750.00"

Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:48 PM PDT - His Second Reply: "I was about to lower the price to $750.00 and someone placed a bid. The reserve price is set at $350.00"

The first bid was placed Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:17 PM PDT