It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

grog

My wife bought thist move for me as a present and I have enjoyed watching all 2 hours and 41 minutes of it several times.

I remember my parents taking me to see this movie when it came out in 1963!

The 5.1 sound is great with my Klipsch 5.1 Promedia Ultra's.

The widescreen is great on my 21' Nokia monitor.

For those who have never seen this movie. If you were in star in 1963 and was not asked to be in this movie you begged to be part of it.

Jack Benny for example has two lines in this movie.

Jerry Lewis ran over a hat.

The cast listing is like a who who in show business.

The lines in the movie are clasic.

Spencer Tracy didn't like to rehearse and would read through a scene only once, 5 days before shooting. As he told director Stanley Kramer, he never liked to do a scene more than once. And as one of the greatest actors of all time....he rarely had to.

Starring: Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Dick Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry Thomas, Jonathan Winters, Alan Carney, Barrie Chase, William Demarest, Andy Devine, Peter Falk, Norman Fell, Paul Ford, Sterling Holloway, Edward Everett Horton, Marvin Kaplan, Buster Keaton, Don Knotts, Charles McGraw, Zasu Pitts, Carl Reiner, Madlyn Rhue, Arnold Stang, The Three Stooges, Jesse White

Director: Stanley Kramer

Edition: Widescreen (16:9)

Rating: G

Run Time: 2 hours 41 minutes

Release Date: 10/7/2003

Studio: MGM Home Entertainment

Walmart has it for $9.44.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2459805&sourceid=24117839141668456663

Greg

Great movie...I have always loved it...

Very funny and great family entertainment...as even kids like the slapstick humor....

specially the ending in the hospital when the old lady slips...hehehe

One of my alltime favorite movies.When I was a kid I saw this movie and it was a laugh riot,I usually watch it when it comes on tv just for old times sake,brings back an era and many stars long gone.