denon 3801 or marantz 8400

iwillwalk

----------------

On 6/13/2005 3:01:12 PM iwillwalk wrote:

now that b&k is out what would you choose

----------------

Well, I had the 3801 (now I have the 3802) and I was very pleased with it. They are built like a tank and sound great. I think they are a little short on power to drive anything more than a set of RF35s because I feel the 3802 gives me the volume I was wanting without maxing out.

I can't comment on how it compares to the Marant, though, because I have never heard them side by side. However, some members here have gotten my interest peaked about how well the Marantz woudl sound with the Klipsch. Funny thing is, almost every receiver made today is being used with a set of Klipsch speakers and almost every individual will swear that their's sound great.

I went looking around and it seems the 3803 or even the 3805 would be more comparable to the 8400. The 3801 isn't going to have all the bells and whistles that the 8400 probable has.

With that aside, I sure would like for someone who has listened to both to make a comparison on the sound of each. Not that I am looking to replace mine, I am just in a mood to experiment with a few different receivers.

D

• 2 months later...