Cleve Here is Your CF-4 Center!

Frzninvt

Nothing like a single CF-4 to use as a center I say!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3276&item=5782128401&rd=1

Three CF-4's across the front would be nothing short of stellar I'm sure! They are already correctly positioned to be used as a center - how convenient!

Want something smaller? Here is a KV-4 that is also up for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=5782220462&rd=1

----------------

On 6/14/2005 11:44:31 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Three CF-4's across the front would be nothing short of stellar I'm sure! They are already correctly positioned to be used as a center - how convenient!

Want something smaller? Here is a KV-4 that is also up for auction.

----------------

I have a KV-4 in very good condition. One small ding on the rear corner but otherwise this speaker is very nice. $350 plus shipping from 29203 (South Carolina)

Thanks for the info. There's also a single CF-3 on Ebay - the CF-4 is in Washington, and "Local Pickup" Even if it wasn't, shipping cost from the Pacific NorthWest to me here on the East coast for a speaker that weighs ~110 lbs uncrated would be brutal.

Oh Yeah! I forgot you were in NY! I agree if they shipped it you would have kindling by the time it arrived.

I see that Audio Classics has a pair of Cornwalls, they even have a fair price on them what a surprise! They are probably really beat up for them to offer them at $799.

The KV-4 is shippable though! 2.gif

I've been watching the single CF-4 myself to use as a center for my Chorus II's. I have'nt noticed any threads discussing the use of the CF line being used as centers but I'm sure a CF-4 would kick a$$ on any system. Shipping for my Chorus II rears was around US $360.00 including insurance and packaging at a UPS store. Having them packaged there is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned because then there is no doubt about who is responsible should they arrive damaged. I'm not going to be bidding on the CF-4, I'm waiting for a pair of KG 3.5's I just bought to use as rears for my computer with KG 4.5's and a KV3 center but if I was I would definitely email the guy and see if he would be willing to take it to a UPS store.

HTH

----------------

On 6/15/2005 8:39:23 AM krispykoilz wrote:

I've been watching the single CF-4 myself to use as a center for my Chorus II's. I have'nt noticed any threads discussing the use of the CF line being used as centers but I'm sure a CF-4 would kick a$$ on any system. Shipping for my Chorus II rears was around US $360.00 including insurance and packaging at a UPS store. Having them packaged there is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned because then there is no doubt about who is responsible should they arrive damaged. I'm not going to be bidding on the CF-4, I'm waiting for a pair of KG 3.5's I just bought to use as rears for my computer with KG 4.5's and a KV3 center but if I was I would definitely email the guy and see if he would be willing to take it to a UPS store.

HTH

----------------

Krispy, I think you would definitely NOT want to mix and match Heritage Klipsch with "Alphabet Soup" Klipsch. The Academy is the proper center for Klipsch Heritage - or for that matter another Chorus if you can find one.

----------------

On 6/15/2005 6:21:47 PM Cleve wrote:

Krispy, I think you would definitely NOT want to mix and match Heritage Klipsch with "Alphabet Soup" Klipsch. The Academy is the proper center for Klipsch Heritage - or for that matter another Chorus if you can find one.

----------------

Thanks Cleve, you're right I would get better results by matching what I have now with a Chorus II center. Having just purchased rear speakers for the computer it'll be awhile before I can afford more speakers. Who knows maybe when I'm ready to buy a single will show up on eBay and I won't have to buy another pair. Good luck with your system. 1.gif

----------------

On 6/14/2005 11:44:31 AM Frzninvt wrote:

----------------

Ahhh yes, you will be mine! hehe! 1.gif Even though this is local pickup in WA, I decided to buy it. I'm having Mailboxes Etc pick it up from the dealer, pack it, and then ship it out. It cost almost as much as the speaker, but it will be worth it. It's still less than I've seen KV-4s auction for. Besides, the CF-4 will make an ideal TV stand for my 35" set.

Now all I need is a set of CF-4s/CF-3s for the rear surround. Lovers of tiny jewel cubes will ph33r my system.

1.gif

Cleve, you are a true die hard Klipsch fan! Three C-4's across the front is going to be nothing less than stellar, two more for the back would be the cat's meow and most likely one of the most intense sounding systems that you have ever heard.

I salute you for taking the no holes barred HornEd approach! Yeah! 9.gif