Brand New La Scalas

jpm

----------------

On 6/16/2005 3:48:54 AM jbsl wrote:

Tofu I made the risers by cutting two by fours into 2 foot sections took 4 of those and made a square covered it with 3/4 inch plywood also 2 feet by 2 feet and braced the inside with somemore two by fours. The side with the plywood is up. I bought more plywood so I can adjust the height of the speakers up and down. I'm thinking about making risers that would be 13-15 inches and raise the LS to almost the KHorn height. There was a post about a bass bin for the LS that added lower bass and raised them in height. I'll see if I can find the post.

Xman

----------------

thanks for the info. i'll give it a shot this weekend. wouldnt hurt to give it a try. i just rewired the university woofer in my scalas. they previous owner had it wrong. the bass is a lot less boomy and more articulate now (lol placebo). although it (the bass) isnt as loud as it was previously. i think i now hear how people can be complaining about la scalas lacking bass. i have a sub for that though.

Tofu wrote

"i just rewired the university woofer in my scalas. they previous owner had it wrong. the bass is a lot less boomy and more articulate now (lol placebo). although it (the bass) isnt as loud as it was previously. i think i now hear how people can be complaining about la scalas lacking bass. i have a sub for that though."

That is what I like about the La Scalas bass it is not boomy but "articulate and fast. When I have tried to use a sub with my La Scalas it just doesn't sound right to me too boomy. If I can hear any of the boomy bass, even a little it does not sound good to me. I do not know much about subs so if I'm not setting it up right then that could be the problem also. I work nights so I don't turn the bass up on my LS and don't use the sub at night. By night I mean I get off work at 3:00 AM and start listening around 4:00 AM. So I have reconditioned my ears and mind to not need a lot of bass. I heard a pair of KHorns with a RSW 15 that sounded very good.

Xman