Home Theater Equalizer

Spkrdctr

The only way to get an equalizer to work with Digital signals is to 1) Have a Digital Equalizer that works in the "Digital" domain. Or 2) have an Analog equalizer in between your preamplifier and amplifiers.

Audio Control makes the Rialto which provides 7 channels of adjustments, each equalizer bank is customized to the frequencies in that particular range front, center, rear, rear surround, and subwoofer.

I have never felt the need to Eq a Digital signal though they usually sound powerful and clean to me. I do enhance my Satellite Audio signals though using some DBX processing - man what a difference. I thought about doing the same for DVD's but there is not enough signal present with the preamp volume set low for the units to operate correctly so I couldn't.

----------------

I do enhance my Satellite Audio signals though using some DBX processing - man what a difference.

----------------

I hear that dbx stuff is cruddy 14.gif ... perhaps that's why love it so much myself.

11.gif10.gif9.gif2.gif

" How does it work with a DVD movie in surround sound? Anyone with experience?"

The only way to make it work for your main channels with a surround receiver is if you have pre-out/main-in connections on the receiver. In effect that lets you put the EQ between the pre-amp/processor section of the receiver and the receivers power amp section.

To EQ your sub you can put it between the sub out on the receiver and the powered subwoofer itself.

What are you trying to accomplish with EQ?

Shawn

Spkrdctr,

The best way to equalize is in the digital domain with each channel on its own equalizer. Receivers by Pioneer, Denon, H/K and Yamaha are available for reasonable prices. The Pioneer 1015TX-K costs about $500 at onecall.com.

Some of the receivers offer the ability to cutomize the auto EQ settings as well as turn them on and off.

I use a Pioneer with i.link for high resolution music. It's too bad that SACD and DVD-A look like they died.

Bill

----------------

On 6/20/2005 10:37:59 AM Coytee wrote:

I hear that dbx stuff is cruddy
14.gif
... perhaps that's why love it so much myself.

11.gif10.gif9.gif2.gif

----------------

you are joking right? (you can never tell anymore) lol