Lascala"s on eBay...Should I bid on These?

tommy499

Non sense. He is a nice gentleman I talked with on the phone who doesnt sit in front of his

computer all day like you (he checks email once a day or so). He answered my emails honestly, and politley, we spoke on the phone and he invited me to his house. So they been sanded once 28 years ago, They look and sound beautiful. They have AA crossover (going to Bob for rebuild) and look great for there age. Some of the flakey questions you other guys asked him had him laughing, and probably why he ignored you. Be a bit nicer and don't make low ball offers and things will work out. Thanks for the warm welcome by the way. LOL

cb

I'm not in the market for LaScalas, but I feel strongly that seller should get some kind of warning from Ebay for ending an auction early due to an under the table sale. Any intent to end an auction EARLY due to local sale should be CLEARLY listed in the auction text. Of course, this guy only has a 97% positive, so it suggests he's not a straight-shooter anyways.

Timmikid, firstly, unless the owner applied genuine hardwood veneer to the LaScalas, NONE were veneered other than one pair oak and one pair walnut- at least that is my understanding. Nearly ALL LS came from factory as BR, Birch Raw plywood, and were stained/oiled/painted by the first owner. Therefore they aren't nearly the furniture grade of any other Heritage speaker.

The industrials came as painted black, pebble paint, and fiberglass/aluminum trim models, and the fibreglass was an especially rare breed. Remember that industrials also contain a K43 200 watt woofer that is more heavy duty. The split cabinet variety also allows more PA-type and other placement options as well as being easy to bi-amp. Because they were usually used for PA/DJ use, they are normally trashed or very scratched and/or blown in this day and age.

For these reasons, I believe the Split Industrial LaScalas in Fibreglass/Aluminum trim package in Good condition to be one of the most valuable units available of the LS type. (custom veneer woods excluded.)

Michael

Martindemon

If your serious about a pair of Khorn, there is a store in Toronto that has them a brand new pair that is black. I think he wants 4000.00 or 5000.00 canadian for them--I am not sure could be more or less. When you are ready to buy bring somebody with you who is a good negotiator2.gif The store is:

Replay Electronics

416-251-9096

1120 The Queensway,

Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1P7

O yeah..his got La Scalas as well a 76 and a new pair. Check with him for the price. I beleive the guy's name is George.1.gif

----------------

On 6/29/2005 2:49:42 PM RAPTORMAN wrote:

Martindemon

If your serious about a pair of Khorn, there is a store in Toronto that has them a brand new pair that is black. I think he wants 4000.00 or 5000.00 canadian for them--I am not sure could be more or less. When you are ready to buy bring somebody with you who is a good negotiator
2.gif
The store is:

Replay Electronics

416-251-9096

1120 The Queensway,

Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1P7

O yeah..his got La Scalas as well a 76 and a new pair. Check with him for the price. I beleive the guy's name is George.
1.gif

----------------

Ok thanks for the info. I don't know why but I don't like black as a color for speakers... I prefer the wood look. I'll check for the La Scala. Anyway, I want both La Scala and Klipschorn in the long term...

Welcome to the party Cool Blue! Some people get their feathers ruffled with the way EBAY and Paypal do business. I certainly can't blame them but the other option is to not go there. When I get burned I am sure I will toss my hands up and say no mas, but, for now, I still peruse and purchase on a regular basis.

Congrats on your purchase!

D