Outlaw 990 buy or not to buy?

pythagore

I got an email from Outlaw yesterday, regarding ordering the outlaw 990. They gave me up to Friday to decide whether I want to order it. But, I'm still hesitant on buying it. I can find no real reviews on this unit.

Did anyone heard this unit? How does it compare to a high end receiver such as HK in respect to stereo and multi ch music?

I know it is just $1100, after calculating shipping and the Canadian government protection money (A.K.A Taxes) it will be around $2000CAD. If I don't like and decide to return it, I will lose close to $200CAD in shipping cost.

Is this unit worth the hassle?

Thanks,

I was also looking at buying one of these guys and I could find nothing but great reviews all over the web. Even on this forum, there are several people who have recommended the outlaw. I guess you know that the 990 is not an all in one receiver and needs an amp like the Outlaw 7100. In short, Outlaw has cut out the middleman by selling only on the internet and thus they can offer very high tech stuff at lower prices. Do it, and let us know how you like it.

A seperate AV Pre/Pro will always outperform a receiver! I had to buy my B&K Ref 50 and NAD T163 sight unseen and unheard. I did not like the B&K's functionality and just resold it. The NAD T163 was a keeper and I got it new for $1300.