I bought a Scott 299 on eBay today..

steve

thanx you guys. Actually, I figure Craig or Dean may chime in here..I actually bid on it thinking I'd get sniped, but I got it at (what I consider) a reasonable price. I want to compare it to my Scott 130 pre (Craig's old one) mated to my SET300B amp. After all, that combo puts out 8 watts a side. And this one is 40 watts a side. I like the Scott pre, so this intregrated unit might sound good too! And I've heard a lot about the 299s. Of course, it may need a rebuild from Craig..we'll see.

I'm sure someone will recognize the faceplate.

Steve

(EDIT) I went to HH Scott's website, as I should have done in the first place, and it's a 299A..still don't think I did too bad!

Steve,

That is a original 299 or a 299A there were 2 versions of that amplifier made. I would need to see the amplifier without the case to determine which one you have there. Either way they are 17 WPC and really nice sounding amps.

The early model 299 has the output transformer along the left side of the amp and the output tubes run front to back.

The later model 299 has the output transformers lined up across the back and the output tubes run left to right in a more conventional manner. This is the more desirable of the two amps.

Craig

----------------

The early model 299 has the output transformer along the left side of the amp and the output tubes run front to back.

The later model 299 has the output transformers lined up across the back and the output tubes run left to right in a more conventional manner. This is the more desirable of the two amps.

----------------

Don't the "scorch marks" on the screen look like there are hot tubes in a front-to-back lineup (towards the left in the photo)?