MWM plans needed

I haven't seen any plans. If you find some, please stop back.

The only real information I'm aware of comes from the patent document. There is enough information to reverse engineer in a rough sense.

4,210,223 Low frequency folded exponential horn loudspeaker apparatus with bifurcated sound path.

The only tricky part is the use of part of the un-used initial flare as part of the back chamber.

If I was doing this I'd start drawing on a big sheet of graph paper. That is what I did with my 15 inch version of the Jubilee. Note I use the TM as a reference. If it doesn't come from Klipsch, it is not a Jubilee.

If you don't want to spend the bucks on large rolls of good graph paper, you should look around for wrapping paper. I see that at least some Hallmark has a 1 inch by 1 inch grid on the back, presumably as a cuttng guide.

You'll note that the bass box is symetric around two axes. So you really only have to draw 1/4th of it.

If anyone is serious (note, serious) I suppose I could be persuaded to send them a lenght of 48 inch wide graph paper at nominal cost. I've got more than I will use.

BTW, at least at one time it was called the MCM 1900, with the MCM being Roman numerals for 1900. Why 1900 I don't know. Does anyone out there know?

Best,

Gil

Unless you just HAVE to have the Klipsch design, there are readily available plans for an E-V Eliminator bass horn that performs about the same a the MWM. You will find them on eBay and with search engines.

hey guys,i really appreciate your answers!

It has go be the Klipsch cabinet,.because the Klipsch sounds different than the others.

Im trying to do a modified version of the klipsch that was done by a colleage more than 12 yrs ago,then using this cabinet with the JBL 2205 woofers installed.

The body and warmth of the sound beat the klipsch woofers in the same cabinet type hands down.

As far as i know there are only about 12 of his cabinets in existence,. and some are still installed mainly in Montreal.

Since ive never seen inside them, im speculating that all he did that was different was to tune the cabinet to the 2205 speaker.

Which is what i want to do.the 2235 is I guess the new version of the JBL that he used

THis system will be used for outdoor sound in a big area.

I helped him install a system in a club , that was the size of an arena. ...speakers all in a big center cluster.

6 double 15" MWM's with 2205 woofers

4 JBL radial horns

12 2405 JBL slots