Pi

Amy

It's an AWESOME movie! A real genius, thinking-man's (or woman's) film. It's the first film of note from one of my favorite directors, Daron Aronofsky, who also helmed the much more famous, and critically acclaimed "Requiem For A Dream."

Amy, I'm very impressed! These films you're seeing are not your everyday, mainstream, causual-moviegoer type flicks. You truly have a fine taste for the lesser-known indies.

Awesome? Excellent? Really? A friend lent me the movie, she said it was the type of movie I'd like. I took it from her to humor her, but I never watched it. It looked kinda boring. Plus I never trusted her judgement after she recommended Immortal Beloved. Anyway, maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. Maybe I'll borrow a couple flicks from her and throw 3.14159 in the pile. 12.gif

Liked that film, kind of freaky, made the mistake of watching it on cross country plane flight over night...every time the black and white scene lit up to pure white in the "pass out" scenes I startled all the people behind me...they didn't know what was blowing up...heheh

Hey you want a freaky movie, try to find "The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover" A very naked Helen Mirren, and the guy who is now playing Dumbledore...disturbing, I tell you...went to see that on a first date, BIG mistake.

...best line form the movie, "I am going to eat him...I am going to cook him and I am going to EAT him..!!"

Uh, not for kids, trust me on this...

K

Pi was one of the more original movies I've seen in a LONG time. Considering the budget Aranofsky had he still managed to get some fantastic acting, effects, and even a cool soundtrack.

Aranofsky is supposed to be doing a film from one of my all time favorite novels "Flicker"... a conspiratorial, multi-layered, noir-mystery about the beginnings of the film industry and the medium in general. The book could be very disturbing at times, so I'm sure Aranofsky can do it justice.

Aronofsky will ubdoubtedly do it justice. However, Flicker will be the last of 3 new projects he is working on. Currently, they are:

1) The Fountain (which is in post-production, aka it's final stages)

2) Lone Wolf and Cub (which has only been announced)

3) Flicker (also has only been announced)