O.T. 14 Days Now and Still No Truck!!!

BEC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first thing I'd be doing is trading that lemon in. Even a race car shouldn't require all that constant tinkering with this, that and the other thing. I'm thinking this is a relatively new design engine/drivetrain - GM seems to have these kind of problems with new or unproven designs - it's like they develop these things to 90% ready and then foist them on an unsuspecting public. GM really sweats those details, don't they?

not to be negative, Bob ..

but does that 72 month warranty cover a Loaner Vehicle

at this point, i don't think i would accept the truck without a "new " motor

after all, you, not GM has to live with this ( probably , PAY for this ) for 72 months

the more i think about it ... that warranty don't make me feel ANY better

Well, sort of depends on how much they end up giving me to keep the truck. They have already given me an extended bumper to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles worth $3,295.00 and it is something I would have bought anyway. Lets see if the truck is really good now and how much more in the way of goodies they want to give me.

Bob

----------------

On 7/7/2005 5:20:26 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

not to be negative, Bob ..

but does that 72 month warranty cover a Loaner Vehicle

at this point, i don't think i would accept the truck without a "new " motor

after all, you, not GM has to live with this ( probably , PAY for this ) for 72 months

the more i think about it ... that warranty don't make me feel ANY better

----------------

Yes, it covers a loaner. Sales at the dealership claims they would come to me with the replacement vehicle no matter where I am if I have trouble. The last part of that is just verbal. The loaner is in writing.

Bob

I think about $2.20 right now for diesel. I took the truck in almost empty 20 days ago. Got it back from them full again. That is another 65 bucks or so I got out of them.

Bob

----------------

On 7/7/2005 6:28:15 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

i hpoe this all works out ok , Bob ..

were not talkin' small change on a vehicle purchase anymore ....
8.gif

Me .. i'd already be to the "Lock'n Load" point .....
9.gif

----------------

All just a matter of viewpoint. One thing is that I am certainly getting some goodies of monetary value out of them for the trouble. Another thing is that if this truck continues to give trouble, I am in a better position to get more out of them for the trouble. The Lemon Law clock is at 20 days now. It triggers a buy back at 30 days out of service in a year. If it were to go back into the shop, the clock does not start over. The days are cumulative.

I am going to work this truck hard and treat it like a red-headed stepchild. Just scheduled a 600 mile hauling trip for Monday. I really think I am in a pretty good position on this thing. Of course, my whole attitude could change on Monday if I am sitting by the side of road out in "the Nations" waiting on a tow truck.

Bob

bob run it hard let it cool down, pull the dipstick look for any sign of coolant and look in reservoir and look for signs of oil. your probly good to go as long as that dealership head gasket stands up to the(oops I was about to say factory headgasket).

make like a lonely fat man with no money and BEAT IT!!

unfortunately you probly wont be able to kill it now. you'll have to resort to the "it just doesnt feel right"

line of tactics until 30 days then youll have your ace in the hole.16.gif